Thursday, October 6, 2011

TT is 15 Months

TT now weighs 20.6 pounds which puts her in the whopping 14%.  Okay, I have a bit of a peanut on my hands.  Her height soared to the 68%, and her head circumference is in the 57%.  Her hair in front has been falling out which has me concerned, and today the doctor took a lot of blood to test for a variety of things, including autoimmune diseases. I'm nervous.  Any words of comfort who have seen someone TT's age lose hair?

The days and weeks are flying by in our household, and I see a baby tranforming before my very eyes.  Everyday this girl loses more baby, and is more of a little girl.  She amazes me in every single way.

Development
Have you ever heard parents say all the words their babies say?  I've had parents tell me that their children can say this, and that, and well, sometimes I wonder what is wrong with my child.  Well, TT says stuff.  ALL THE TIME.  It just takes a lot of imagination to figure out what exactly she is saying.  This girl talks constantly though, and her intonations are spot on.  But it's still most jibberish.  Things she "kind of" says:
All Done = ah do
Uh oh = Uh ooooo
Yes = ya
What's that = wha da

Okay, I could go on and on, and I'll be the first to admit, I usually have no idea what this girl is saying.  She talks constantly, and I get the feeling that these words really mean something to her.  But umm. . . yeah, T and I can't figure out what she's saying half the time. 

Excited about seeing the monkeys at the zoo.  She was "ooo ahhh'ing" at them in this photo.


TT is really interested in feeding herself.  She has been feeding herself with her hands for quite a while, but now she's interested in using the spoon.  Only, she is SO messy!!!  I know I shouldn't care as this is something she should learn, and this is probably the correct age to start trying this with her, so I think I'm just going to have to put a plastic bag down under her high chair every day. 

It's hard to believe TT has only been a walker for 3 months.  She now runs and climbs, and she is such a steady walker.

Miss Independent insists on pushing her own stroller. We get no where fast in our family!

TT's comprehension is great.  She imitates really well, so when I stomp my feet during the song "If You're Happy and you Know It" she'll stomp her feet.  If we are reading a book and she sees a picture of a dog, she'll bark at the book, etc.

TT loves animal sounds and can currently do:
Lion
Cat
Dog
Monkey
Cow
Duck

TT is really getting better at communicating in general.  On of the hardest things in being a toddler I would imagine, is the lack of ability to communicate.  She is very good at letting us know exactly what she wants.

Food
Oh, this daughter of mine is a picky picky eater!  One day, she'll LOVE something, so I excitedly make it for her the next day.  Then the next day, she is totally over it!  Some of her current favorites are:
Homemade chicken noodle soup
Chicken nuggets
Yogurt
Cheese Sticks
Strawberries
Applesauce
Cereal
Breakfast Bars

And yeah, that's about it.  She used to love peanut butter toast, nutella on toast, hummus on pita, and apparently she is over this at the moment. It's hard finding food this girl will consistently eat.  Except chicken nuggets, and yes, I realize the lack of nutritional value in that particular food, but MAN! She loves them.

Personality
TT is a total charmer.  She is for the most part a really happy girl, and will scream in delight when she likes something.  Her teachers at her "school" love her, she charms people during trips to Target or the grocery store.  She is just a magnet.  She is also very stubborn.  If she doesn't want something, she'll let you know.  She can also be a bit tempermental.   She loves to cuddle, and gives hugs and kisses.  She also gets frustrated easily and has been known to hit.  (working on this one!) She can be very sensitive and emotional, so we try to take a gentle approach with her.  She has a great sense of humor and is often giggling at one thing or another.

TT is also in this intentionally naughty stage.  And I am the worst at discipline.  I just laugh, which is not a good example!

TT purposely drew all over her face.  Thank goodness for washable markers!



Things She Enjoys
Reading
Playing with Khalil and other kids
Being held
Cuddling with her baby
Singing and listening to songs
Any push toys, her current favorite is a popcorn vacuum machine
Going for walks
Playing outside and exploring

The kiddos go to bed around 7:30 every night, so at 7, we put on kid videos on the computer, the kids have a snack (hence the yogurt on Nur's face) and we wind down.

Things We Are Working On:
Hitting! Yes, TT has become a hitter. I don't like it!
Tantrums. Her favorite thing to do is to bang her own head on things to get our attention.
Not throwing food overboard when she isn't interested in it.
Sharing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post. My little guy is also 15 months old today, and it is so interesting to read how S is doing and see how that compares to my little guy. Aren't these little ones amazing? I also empathize with your food post. Every day it is a challenge to think and plan ahead for what the little guy will eat and to make sure I have food on hand for him. I feel your pain! I do have a couple of recipe ideas, so I may send them to your regular email account. Thanks for sharing. Heather

twondra said...

Love hearing about the kids!!! Thank you for sharing. :) Were you guys by chance at the Como Zoo? We love that zoo. :)

Debbie said...

Vinyl tablecloth or shower curtain under the kids chairs. Not a good aesthetic look, but keeps the floor clean. It's only temporary!

Jewls said...

What a cutie! I'm glad my child isn't the only one who hits...if it makes you feel better he bites and throws stuff at people too! Sheesh!

Cristy said...

One of my sister's daughters started losing her hair in a certain spot and I believe it was like a fungal infection but I don't remember for sure. I know it was treated and her hair grew back. I don't know if it's a condition that keeps needing treatment or if it's been fixed.

Erin said...

I love these updates. It's so neat to read about their latest skill or what they're working on accomplishing next. Thanks for sharing Leah! :)