Thursday, October 1, 2009

I Interrupt You with a VERY Important Message

Yesterday after work, I got a letter from the Department of Homeland Security. I didn't think anything of it. Afterall, I wasn't expecting CIS approval for at least a couple of months.

So, I went about packing and didn't look twice at it.

I got to work today and decided to email my Social Worker about it, and she asked if it said I-171H on it. Well, I wasn't sure. So, I ran home quickly (luckily I work near my home) and grabbed the form.

HOLY CRAP!!!

T and I have CIS approval!!! It only took a month! We have it! YAY YAY YAY!!!

This is a huge hurdle and the Department of Homeland Security can really hold things up. But we have it. With this all in mind, I'm thinking we'll definitely beat that December estimate for being on the waitlist.

AHHHHHH. Feeling so thankful. :-D

21 comments:

Rachel said...

That is amazing! You will beat your deadline for sure!

A said...

Congrats!!! What a great sigh of relief before your trip!

Jenny said...

what great news to get before going out of town! WOOHOO!

Mommy Shoes said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

-c said...

Yay!

The Busters said...

YAY!! You will be on the waitlist before December for sure!! So happy for you guys!!

Raising Davis Darlings said...

It's all coming together!! Before long you will have him/her in your arms.

Kellie said...

that is great!

Chelle said...

That is so awesome! And right before your vacation! YAY!

Trinity said...

So excited for you! Yay for good surprises from Homeland Security! :)

Deanna said...

What a nice present, hun. Congratulations! Now enjoy your vacation - you have busy times ahead of you when you return!

The Taylor Family said...

That's a big step! In our state it was 6 months and then no response, but I wasn't allowed to call/email about the status until that 6 month window was up...then it came in two business days! These things happen for a reason. That timing led us to our Malachi!

Thanks for posting on our blog. Good luck!

Hillary said...

Amazing news! Congrats!

Deb said...

Yeah, all that work for one little insignificant piece of paper. But it is so important. CONGRATZ! Now you're really almost there.

Michele said...

YAY!!! This is wonderful!!!

twondra said...

That's wonderful news!! Congrats!!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

That's GREAT news...congrats!! :)

gigglechirp said...

Congrats!!! Good wishes on your journey,
Jenni

gigglechirp said...

oh, I'm emailing you too :)

elizabeth said...

so AWESOME, Leah!
i am so excited for you!

and i think that it is perfect that you and Taher are still taking your trip. it's good to take time to enjoy each other and enjoy life, even if it does cost money. we should plan for the future and be wise about it, but we should also enjoy today while it is here. have a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

YAY!