First, I decided the closets in our house needed major organizing. First I started with T's. Right now, he and I have our own closets because all of my stuff is in the guest room. . . aka, the future baby's room. Well, his closet was a disaster! Sorry for throwing you under the bus T! ;-) After organizing his closet, which even involved some color coordination, I went on to the hall closet. This is the space where we keep linens, medicine, lotions, etc. Equally a disaster. I went to a local dollar store and found these great plastic, stackable organizers, and went to town. This is a closet that I try to not even look in because it's been a complete disaster area. After organizing everything, I realized we had about 3 of everything! I'm sure we look in the closet for stuff, can't find it, and then go out and by it. I'm mad I didn't take any pictures of the finished closet, because it is so darn organized! And now that it is so organized, it looks like we have SO much more room. 2 closets DONE!
After that, T and I decided to blow off the football game on TV, and head to Ikea to look at baby furniture. It was a smart idea going during the game, as Ikea wasn't as packed as it usually is. (A few years ago, T and I made the rule of never going to Ikea on the weekends because that place gets extremely over crowded) We found a lot of great baby items and got a lot of ideas on how we want to decorate the baby's room. I didn't see my dream crib at Ikea, but no worries, I ended up finding the PERFECT CRIB at Tar.get. It's gorgeous! The best part is that the crib converts into a toddler bed, and eventually, it converts into a full-sized bed. This may be the only bed we'll have to buy for the monkey. :-D
So, it's official. I'm definitely nesting. I am hoping and praying that the final document arrives today so I can overnight it to our adoption agency. I'm trying not to be anxious, but I'm losing that battle so far. ;-)
Did you do major nesting when you were expecting?
If you haven't done so already, you should join this week's raffle! You won't be disappointed, and this will be yours! The raffle ends Thursday at 5pm.
10 comments:
the crib IS perfect! it's beautiful! and i love organizing and cleaning closets and such out like that. you feel SO GOOD afterwards!
What a lovely crib! I quite enjoyed nesting when I went through it! Our friends brought their little princess home from China a couple months ago! I hope your baby is in your arms ASAP!
I am so envious you got closets cleaned out. That was on my To Do list for the weekend as well, but it lost out miserable to everything else we had going on. I went and bought space bags and can't wait to put them to good use. Hopefully one day I will find my closet again.
I love the crib, particularly the cherry. I'm not biased or anything. ;)
And yes, I nested. I would go nuts cleaning the house a few weeks before I was due.
I hope your last form comes today!
Love the crib...I found one at target that I love too. I'll post a pic in my blog when I get to that point myself. It matches a dresser we already have for her room.
Ikea is a great idea - my husband and I already planned to hit Ikea to decorate both our son and new daughters new bedrooms. We plan to go on a Monday for the same reasons!
Great job hitting those closets - I need to do some of mine too, ugh!
Good luck with the rest of your nesting!
It's never too early to nest. That crib sounds perfect. I sure wish they had things like that those many years ago when I was raisinig children!
I nest all the time, I'm sure I'll get even worse once approval comes in a couple of days!!
So excited for you!!
Oh yeah, I was nesting over a year ago! haha I went to IKEA this weekend too...there's always good finds there. Good for you for cleaning out the closets! We moved less than a year ago and the closets are still somewhat organized. enjoy the nesting!
Oh, and I couldn't see the crib...for some reason, I kept ending up on the upromise site.
Leah! that's the Crib we have for our Twins!! It's perfect in a nursery all set up. I will need to buy another before they are 4 months old lol!
Nesting is Great, It's you preparing and It's never too early to nest. You may even nest more than once before your baby is home safe with you.
Aw, it makes me so happy that you're nesting :)
Post a Comment