It was a really wonderful trip, and a place that I would definitely go back to, and hope that someday I am lucky enough to go back to.
Parting is such sweet sorrow.
Our last day in Ireland, the weather matched my mood. It's always hard to leave a place, and leave loved ones that you don't see often enough. It's also hard to get mentally prepared for the 2 flights you are facing, for a total of 10 hours in the air, and another 5 hours sitting in airports. We spent much of our last day getting our suitcases in order and things organized for the long journey home. We then headed downtown and walked around, shopped, and said our goodbyes to the city.

We then had a few furry friends that we had to say goodbye to. 
The next morning, we got up early and started the journey home.
After an 8.5 hour flight over the ocean, we could finally see the skyline of Chicago.
One of my favorite quotes about travel is this:
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
I love that quote. When I booked this trip, I was going through a difficult time in my life. I wanted to get away with my husband. I wanted to be distracted by the beauty and awe of a new place, and I wanted time away to reflect on this past year of my life. For me, getting away helps me to rediscover who I am. My purpose. This trip did exactly that for me. And although sometimes I choose to go far away to sort through things, only when I come home do I find what I'm really searching for.
Next week I will get back to adoption updates. I have quite a few actually! So much has happened in the past week with the adoption, and I can't wait to update you! I will also be getting back to Friday raffles next week, and I have a great one, so be sure to check in to see what will be raffled off!
Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.
- Miriam Beard
14 comments:
I am so glad you had a wonderful time. I am terrible at goodbyes so I totally can imagine what it must have felt like to leave. Can't wait to hear all your adoption updates!!
I always hated the coming home part too. I am glad you were able to go and take a break from all of this crazziness that is your life of late. I am sure you are refreshed and ready to hit the ground running. I loved all of the pictures, and actually sent you blog link to a friend who also loves Ireland. She was over the moon looking through all of your posts. Too cute. :)
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I look forward to following your journey. My husband is adopted and it's a very special thing. :)
The flight was brutal for us too. It's nice to be home, though, isn't it...
It's true, sometimes it takes going away to truly appreciate "home".
So thankful you two had such a wonderful trip!
Thank you for visiting my blog and thank you for the prayers for my MIL.
It is always hard to say goodbye. I am the same way....all teary eyed and depressed about coming back to reality.
I am glad you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
love your pics!!
It's great that you had a good time! I've always wanted to visit Ireland. A few of my friends have before.
Just thought I'd stop by and check out your blog. You can visit mine if you'd like! Have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by yesterday!
I am so happy you were able to go on this vacation. Everything seemed wonderful! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures with us.
Leah: Maybe travelling to another place opens up a part of your self, so that you can find what you need right where you are.......if it works, and you are able to do it, then let it feed you and lead you to where you need to be......
Left you an award on my blog. Check it out.
Post a Comment