Friday, November 13, 2009

Big Sigh of Relief

Thank you everyone for your nice comments and your congratulations on being on the waitlist. It really does feel great!

For the past 4 and a half months, T and I have been so busy with the paper chase. There was so much required paperwork that at times, I was sure we would never finish. It's almost surreal being done with it, and knowing that our Dossier is on it's way to our adoption country, where the documents will be translated into their language, and where people will start looking for the child that will fit perfectly into T and I's life. It's all very exciting.

I know our focus will also change a bit now as well. Instead of spending our time gathering documents, time can be spent getting things ready for our baby boy to come home. We have plenty of projects around the house to keep us busy, not to mention a nursery to start designing.

We can also devote our time trying to figure out how to pay for the next chunk of the adoption. Our next payment of $4,500 will be due upon referral, and well, we don't have $4,500 right now. So, lots to do in the financial planning of all of this.

I'm excited to be at this second phase of the adoption. It's a good place to be. :-D

As part of our Dossier, we had to submit photos of ourselves with family members, alone, etc. It was for the adoption country to get an idea of who we are as people, so they can match us accordingly.

Here is the collage that I put together.

Happy Friday everyone!




8 comments:

George said...

We hope to get our dossier to our agency by Christmas...I'm sure we'll give that big sigh of relief too! Congrats on getting it done in 4.5 months...that's a big achievement. Good luck as you start planning the nursery...very exciting!

Kelly said...

I hear you on focusing on finding the money for that next payment! We've got to make a few changes around our house to save up a bit...

Unknown said...

YAY, a waiting list!!!!!!!!!

What a great place to be!!!

A said...

I think it is great that you have so many international pictures to show in your dossier!!! I can't wait for you to get a referral, and I will pray that God will provide the $4500...

'Murgdan' said...

Congrats on this next step! I'm so excited for you.

Stace said...

Love the photos... you have definitely had some amazing adventures together and a little one would be SO LUCKY to join the journey!

Chelle said...

What happened to the Friday raffles? Do you need me to make you a plate to raffle off? Didn't you get anything cool in Ireland? there has to be something! Maybe I can find something cool around my house to donate. What do you need? Talk to me.

Deanna said...

Congratulations on being on the wait list and that collage you put together is perfect. I know if you stay focused, you will find the funds for this phase.