Monday, November 2, 2009

Food from Afar

I have so many updates running through my head right now, but after a highly overwhelming weekend, I'm going to try to keep this update simple.

T and I have been on a mission to educate ourselves as much as possible about the country we are adopting from. So last week, T decided to take me on a date to an authentic restaurant of this country. (I know I haven't come right out and said what country on this blog, but maybe this food will tip you off) ;-)

That is one of the things I love about living in Minneapolis. There is so much diversity and we were able to find this fabulous restaurant. The food was delicious! The food was also unique. You can see from the picture that both T and I's food was served on a large piece of bread. We had silverware if we wanted to use it, but the custom is to use the bread to scoop up the food. I would definitely recommend this cuisine. It was delicious! :-D


10 comments:

Kelly said...

We LOVE this food and are eager to try to make some of it ourselves. We just got a cookbook. I'll let you know how/if it turns out! Also, we have friends in the Minneapolis area who recently adopted from the same country. If you're ever interested, I'm sure I could connect you guys.

Jenny said...

i just found 2 restaurants somewhat close to us from our country and we're excited to have a day where we can drive there and try it! our country is very vegetarian friendly. much more than korea was, so i'm excited!

E said...

What a great idea! I think that I have an idea of which country...went to a similar restaurant here in Philly with lots of bread meant to pick up the food. It was delicious. Wonder if I'm thinking of the right one....

Chelle said...

I want to know what was in that food! At least it was delicious.:)

The Busters said...

Looks yummy! It took me a while to get used to the bread at first but each time I have it I like it even more. I agree that having access to lots of ethnically diverse foods is important!

Unknown said...

I know I know I know!!!! :)

Deanna said...

I'm pretty sure I know. I went to such a restaurant when I was in Washington, DC quite a few years ago. The food was wonderful and we used the bread to eat.

A said...

YUM!! That is great that you're preparing for your child in this way!

George said...

We plan to celebrate our referral (once we get one) at a local ET restaurant...coincidentlally, there's 2 ET restaurants in walking distance to our house...we're in chicago. I haven't eated ET food yet, but I have a feeling I won't like it much (I'm really picky)...but I know my husband will probably love it.

Jewls said...

Yum! But I'm not tipped off. My brother-in-law ate food that looked similar to that in India...is that where you're adopting from?