Monday, May 24, 2010

All About Khalil

This is the blanket my Mom made for Khalil. My Mom has been busy this year making blankets, and still has one more to make. Her first grandchild was born in November, and then the two T and I are expecting. My Mom told me she prayed over this blanket as she made it. She prayed for Khalil and his safety and well being. She prayed for his birthparents, his country, and that he makes it here safely. I feel very lucky to have the family that I do. Everyone is so excited to meet this little boy, and to show him love and affection.
Speaking of bringing Khalil home, still no word on a court date. Tomorrow will mark 3 weeks since we accepted his referral, and I really thought we'd at least have a court date by now. I've heard that courts are backed up, and a lot of that has to do with the rush of families trying to beat the deadline to only travel once. I really hope we hear about a court date this week, and I hope whatever date we hear will be the perfect date for our family.
T and I think about Khalil constantly. We wonder what he is doing. We wonder if he is being picked up when he cries. What I wasn't expecting during this adoption process was to love him so quickly. But upon seeing his picture and "meeting" him on paper, I fell in love instantly and completely. He is my son, and he needs to be home with his T and I. Soon. Hopefully soon.
T and I plan on starting on his nursery next week. We already have many things for his room, now it's just putting it all together. We plan on getting him the same crib that baby girl has. It's a beautiful crib, so hey, why not. He has cute little clothes hanging in his closet, and I look at them everyday and imagine what he'll look like in them. He has blankets to keep him warm at night, books to be read, and toys to be played with. Now we just need him.

13 comments:

birthmothertalks said...

I hope you hear something soon. I can't wait to see pictures of Khalil's room.

Jenny said...

so much fun preparing for the little ones!!! i am hoping you get a court date SOON! it's taking a bit longer for people in our agency to get court dates as well.

scooping it up said...

Leah, we are traveling in 12 days. If you a) want to mail me anything to try and sneak to him or b) want to email me his detailed info so I can attempt to sneak a few pictures of him for you, I plan on doing my best for the friends I have with babies in Toukoul right now. It is technically not policy to be allowed to do it, but I am gonna try and take pics of all the babies and ask nannies innocently about their names. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys, k?

The Busters said...

The blanket is beautiful! My mom is making our boy a blanket as well and I can't wait to see it! What did your agency tell you to expect in terms of a timeframe for a court date? Our agency says the average wait for a court date is 2 months so I don't think you need to worry that you don't have a court date yet. The fastest I have seen someone get a court date in our agency was 1 month.
Can't wait to see photos of his room!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh you must be having so much fun preparing for these babies, but I can't imagine the anxiousness of waiting to find out when you'll finally be able to hold little Khalil. With pregnancy, you are given a fairly accurate estimate, but not having that in adoption must be especially hard. Hang in there!

Raising Davis Darlings said...

And I hope you get Khalil soon!!! I will pray for a court date that will best fit your family!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

I hope you hear something this week!! How old is Khalil? I am going to have to send him and baby girl a gift!!!:)

Lyndsay said...

I can't IMAGINE how hard it must be waiting for your sweet little boy to be in your arms. I hope you hear something soon!!

Chelle said...

What a wonderful blanket. It looks so soft.

Maybe you already posted about this and I missed it, so if I did, I apologize, but I was wondering if your family and friends had the reaction you hoped they would when you finally got your referal. I know that your sails were a little deflated by their reaction when you told everyone you were going to adopt. Were they as excited when you got your referal as you hoped they would be? Cause I know I was really stinking excited for you. Then again, I've been really excited for you all along. :)

I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery. :)

Jewls said...

Oh I am so excited! I get chills just reading this! I can't wait for him to be home so we can see pics of your little guy!!

Kala said...

Hoping you get a court date soon! I want to some pictures of his room sometime!

Michele said...

I love it!!! It is beautiful!

Praying that you and united with your son in person soon!!!

Donna said...

That is a very special blanket!