Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Weekly Pregnancy Post - 34 Weeks

Here is my picture at 34 weeks. See what happens when I try to take my own picture with a self timer on my camera?
Okay, let's try that again.

I received the results of my sleep study test, and sure enough, I have fairly severe apnea. I get fitted with my CPAP tomorrow. I'm not really looking forward to sleeping with a mask over my face, but I'm pretty sure I never had apnea prior to pregnancy, so I'm hopeful that I will no longer have apnea after pregnancy.

T and I were able to take a tour of where I'll give birth. That was interesting and definitely made it all seem more real. We even got to see a baby in the nursery, which was cool. Hard to believe babies start out that tiny!

I'm starting to feel my body gear up for delivery, and I've been experiencing frequent braxton hicks the past couple of days. (at least that's what I think they are)

And the 90+ degree heat we've been having in Minnesota. . . Let's just say I'm very grateful for AC. (and for my readers not from the MN, we actually have very hot weather here. Our climate is one of extremes. Freezing cold winters and hot and humid summers. Our temps range from about 30 below to 100 degrees. Lucky us!) I just wanted to add that in there for those who think MN is freezing all the time. Hee hee. :)

Happy Wednesday ya'll! :)

13 comments:

Paula Keller said...

Woohoo, look at the beautiful belly!

Sorry about the sleep apnea.

It's neat to see Labor and Delivery, it definately makes me feel better knowing where everything will go down. Although, I only know what it's like because I keep having to GO there!

I love ours, as it is very cozy, calming murals on the walls and everything. Course I have to deliver in the OR, either way I deliver, because it's twins. But I think I get to recover in the pretty rooms!

90 in Minnesota? That's crazy!

Trinity said...

You crack me up. :) What a fun dress! (You look stunning, girl!) Boo to sleep apnea and hopefully with the CPAP you'll feel an increase in your quality of sleep. Congrats on 34! I swear, from where I'm sitting, your pregnancy has zipped by in a jiff!

Mel said...

you look so radiant and pregnant!!!
i'm only 25 weeks behind you (hah), but hopefully at 34 weeks i will look like YOU and not ill and green in the face anymore .

so they were able to test you for sleep apnea although you didn't sleep at all that night they had you at the clinic?

anyhow,not much longer and you will be holding your precious baby girl.

Leah said...

Mel - I didn't think I slept at all during the sleep study, but apparently the study shows that I slept for 6 hours. Oops! Hee hee. :)

Chelle said...

Look at that belly!!! I LOVE it!

Isn't it so surreal to visit the hospital where your baby will be born and realize that is where you baby will be born?! It doesn't seem real, does it? Then to think about the fact that you will leave there with a baby is crazy.

Boo to sleep apnea. I hope it does go away after the baby is born. I can tell you I snored when I was pregnant, but don't otherwise. Hopefully that will be the case for you.

Give the baby hugs for me!

Keiko Zoll said...

You look stunning. That is a very lovely color for you, and what a hip little dress! Keep the AC cranked and stay cool :)

Deanna said...

Hopefully the apnea is a temporary thing. I'd be willing to bet on it.

You are looking beautiful. That camera was naughty, moving on you like that in the first picture ;)

Deanna

Unknown said...

YOu continue to look amazing!!!!! Thanks for sharing....yes, it sounds like you and your body are mutually prepping, how exciting!!!! I continue to be so darned happy for the three of you!!! Vanessa

birthmothertalks said...

6 more weeks to go. How exciting!! Sorry about having to sleep with the mask.

The Busters said...

That first picture cracks me up!!! I am sorry to hear about the sleep apnea. My MIL was recently diagnosed and she complained about the mask a lot at first but now she says she doesn't really notice it. Hopefully it will help you rest better and then you will have more energy! Crossing my fingers! Where do you guys stand bith baby girls name? Did you go back to the original or still trying to decide?

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

:) Love the picture!!! Sucks about the Apnea:(..I hope it goes away after you give birth..Oh wait with two babies you aren't going to be sleeping anywas;)

Let Me Not Forget said...

wowzers! a month left?? :) I have a friend here that is due right about the same time. babies everywhere! :)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

You look so cute! Love the pictures...I feel your pain on the self-portraits. Enjoy these last few weeks...they will fly by!! Hopefully the sleep apnea will pass once you deliver. :)