Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nursery #1 - With Update

(Be sure to check back with me tomorrow. I have what I consider pretty big news to share. I'd share it today, but I have a strict rule about only one post a day. And I still have some emotions to process before I can articulate this big news)

Our girl's nursery is pretty much finished. I'm sure we'll continue to put finishing touches here and there, but for the most part, it is done. We haven't done much with the boy's nursery yet. We have a pile of stuff for his room, but are waiting to fully put it together until we have a referral for him.

Here is the view when you enter the room. It's pretty girly! I love the view of the trees out the window.

A couple views of the crib. We love the bedding my parents got us. It matches the room perfectly.
A view of the dresser. And if you look at the frame above the dresser, that is from my sister. She had one for baby girl and for Khalil, and everyone at the shower signed the frame. What a neat idea and I can't wait for our babies' pictures to be in the frame.


We even have clothes in the drawer! I can't wait to see baby girl in all of these cute outfits!

And here we have clothes hanging in the closet. We have a ton of newborn outfits, and not a lot of 0-3 month outfits. I've heard if the baby weighs 8 pounds or more, she won't even wear newborn clothes. Hope we have around a 7 pounder then, because I'd hate for these adorable outfits to go to waste. And because the closet is small, I have bins at the top for all the clothes that bigger.


We received a bumbo chair for both baby girl and Khalil. Can't wait to see her sit on it. :)

A little automan. The top comes off and we'll be able to use it for extra storage.

We are happy with the nursery. It turned out really well, and I can't wait to see a baby in it. :)















































27 comments:

Jenny said...

leah, it's WONDERFUL! i LOVE it! oh i cannot wait to see her IN it :-)

Let Me Not Forget said...

It looks great! Great job!

Andrea said...

Leah!

How precious is this nursery!!!! I love it and everything is so personal and perfect in every way :)

You and T have done an amazing job. Every time I visit your blog my heart is filled with optimism, HOPE and Joy. Thank you for continuing to open your world to us and offer support to those of us who are "waiting".

Oh, did I tell you that I've met someone who adopted a little boy from Ethiopia? She adopted him after meeting and falling in love with him on a humanitarian aid mission. Such a sweet story! I can't wait to hear Kahlil's (sp?, sorry) too :)

Much Love and Happy 30 weeks!!!
Andrea

scooping it up said...

Oh heavens! You are all ready! I love the bright colors. No muted pinks for you :)

I will admit, we don't have one thing for either baby. Time to get cracking!

I am one of those "baby stays in my room for least 5 months" kind of moms so I typically wait to decorate since I have a bassinet next to my bed for so long anyway. :)

The Busters said...

It looks AhhhhMazing!!! And I love what your sister did with the photo, such a great idea!! Hope you are feeling well!

Jessica said...

I love it! It looks so cheery and fun. I especially love the wall decoration above the crib...very whimsical!

She is one lucky little lady, you're going to have some awesome memories in that room!

Now I can't wait to see Khalil's nursery since I'm a mom of boys!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Her room is beautiful! how exciting! can't wiat for you to get your referral as well so you can start on the next room.

Mel said...

what a beautiful nursery. can't wait for your baby to be in it. that theme you chose is very pretty and GREEN rocks, lol. my girls have a green nursery as well, almost the same color as yours.
just saw your ticker(s) - you're getting so CLOSE - yippie

Trinity said...

All that hard work shows, Leah! It looks adorable! It's complete, save for one tiny lil' lady snuggled in her crib. :)

Chelle said...

The nursery is so cute! I love it! What a sweet little room for a sweet little girl. I love the bedding set too. It is darling. Your parents did a great job.

Isn't it weird to think that in a few months a baby will be using all of that and wearing all of those clothes? I love it!

*hugs*

Cicero said...

Wait to you see Khalil's room! It is going to be great!

Christina said...

How adorable Leah! You did such a great job with it! I am very impressed on how orginized and ready you are! She will love it!

Anonymous said...

The room looks great. Love the colors.
-k-

A said...

How beautiful! You did an awesome job! She will be so happy in there!

Deanna said...

I can just see you changing poopy pants while looking out that window. Beautiful nursery for a beautiful child. That picture frame was a really cool idea. Going to have to remember that!

Hope you get your referral for Khalil soon and the timing for everything works out just so.

Deanna

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

I love it!! It turned out beautifully! I love how bright & cheerful it is, and that window with the view of the trees is great. She'll be here before you know it! :)

A said...

WOW, did you get your referral?!?!?!?!? CAN'T WAIT!!

Paula Keller said...

VERY cute! It's it fun to see it all come together?

I am sooo excited, the bedding came today for our stuff! I'll post pictures when it's all laundered and put together.

Deni said...

Your nursery is adorable!! I love that green, it's so happy! I can't wait to see Kahlil's and hear your big news!

Your nursery being all ready makes me feel antsy, I need to get on the ball, since my baby girl is due the day after yours!! How fun is that going to be!

I love the signed frame too!

Lyndsay said...

ADORABLE!! Baby Girl's room looks fantastic!
...can't wait for tomorrow's news! You'll be up early, right?!

KLTTX said...

Love the room. I am hoping we get to read about your referral tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I really like that bedding - it is one of the patterns we considered because I wanted pink and brown. The nursery looks great. It is so fun to see the clothes hanging in the closet. Emma is 6 weeks and is still wearing newborn...she's small, but I bet you'll get use out of yours.

Can't wait to hear your NEWS! What a teaser for your next post.

Rebecca said...

the room is awesome! it's so fun to have it done isn't it? you are killing me with the suspense!!!

Hillary said...

I was just going to comment and say I love the nursery (which I do!!), but then I saw the red update and got so excited! What is it?! :) :)

Amy said...

The nursery is beautiful! Now it's time to get to work on Khalil's!!! :)

Mazzy said...

Cute nursery! I love the green. We did baby girl's nursery in green, too, and I miss it since we moved. This house already had nice neutral walls so I didn't bother to paint her room here yet, but I might just have to go back to the green when I get the motivation. So precious!

Michele said...

I love it! Our nursery was green (it was called koi pond, and looked sage green) and I loved being in there!