Monday, May 3, 2010

Showered with Love

T and I had our first babies' shower this weekend, and it was a lot of fun. It was hosted by my sister and she really thought of every detail, and it turned out beautifully.

It was a Kentucky Derby themed party, because the derby was Saturday, so some of the guests wore their best hats. (This is T with our niece. . . my sister's baby)

There was a ton of wonderful food that the guests really enjoyed. . . Well, most of the guests. Some weren't interested in the spread, hence the eating a doll instead.

T and I received so many wonderful gifts from our friends and family. We feel so blessed. T opened all the gifts, with help from our nieces. I was able to just sit back and relax. I loved it!

It was a really fun day, and I'm so happy that it was a joint shower for T and I. I know he enjoyed the day just as much as I did, and I really want him to feel part of this whole experience because he is just as much part of this as I am. When T and I invited a few of our guy friends to the shower, I think they were a little hesitant about the whole thing. I mean, come on, on a baby shower? For men? But I think they all ended up having a great time. I think the wine and beer may have had something to do with it.

And my horse ended up coming in 4th place! Not too bad! This was the first Kentucky Derby I have ever watched, so I wasn't that into it, but it was still fun to watch.

It was a wonderful day and I'm overwhelmed by the generosity of our guests.

(Me and my niece. I can't wait to get rid of my face bloat. Wow!)

I hope to post some pictures of one of the finished nurseries this week. I'll try to snap some pictures and get them posted in the next couple of days. I think the nursery turned out really great. :)





















16 comments:

Jenny said...

oh yay! it looks like you guys DID have a great time!!!!

Trinity said...

I love the idea of a joint/co-ed baby shower! It makes so much sense to me. :)

Glad you two had an fun, memorable shower! Looks like you scored some fun baby loot!

(P.S. I love Todd Parr!)

Paula Keller said...

Aren't showers the best! We were overwhelmed by the generosity of others, and feel so loved. Just looking at the nursery filled with stuff makes me feel a gushy, knowing that we spent very little and have so much.

Raising Davis Darlings said...

I love baby showers!! I am glad you and T had a wonderful time.

Chelle said...

I am still amazed you not only got T to attend, but also other men as well. :o You couldn't pay my husband enough. lol

I hope you guys were completely spoild because you deserve it. I'm glad you had a great time. I love all the pictures. BTW, whose baby is that?

Leah said...

That baby girl is our newest niece. We are so in love with her. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I haven't been to a baby shower in about 18 years lol! I forgot how fun they can be. Looks like you both had a good time :)

Kelly said...

How fun! I love co-ed showers. I think they mix things up a bit and they're more fun than the conventional all-women showers. And, like you said, the dads are just as much a part of this as the moms!

Cicero said...

It was much fun. It was great to see everyone too!

Let Me Not Forget said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! Your niece is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I'm glad you had a good shower :).

The Busters said...

I hosted a co-ed shower and was nervous about it but it turned out to be fun. Yes, I think the beer helps! :) So glad you guys were showered with so much love!!

Deni said...

Leah, that looks sooo fun! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and that you got some great things for your babies! It's amazing how much you need and any help is great after the adoption costs, though every bit of time, money and effort is more than worth it. We are blessed to have people who love us and want to help us!

Amy said...

It looks like such a fun day! Hope you got lots of neat stuff...post some pictures of all your gifts when you get a chance!

BrandiB said...

Looks like a fun baby shower! Cannot wait to see pics of the nursery

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Looks & sounds like a great time! And you look great...I love your dress! :)