THANKS
I just want to thank everyone for the sweet comments you left me. Thank you so much for keeping T and I in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for taking the time to follow my story, and for commenting on my posts. It means so much to me that there are so many out there that are happy for us.
REFERRAL DAY
The universe has never been so aligned in all of my life. First, we get the call that we have a son. That joy alone would be enough to carry me through. But then on top of that, we found out we could still possibly make the cutoff date and only have to travel to Ethiopia once. Then I got home from work and had a huge package waiting at the door. In the package was a gift for both Khalil and Baby Girl. The same night, Taher and I just happened to have tickets to the MN Twin's Game, which was so exciting because they are in a brand new stadium. I had bought the tickets months ago, and the game just happened to be on referral day! We took our seats, which were very good. I knew they were going to be good as I had spent quite a bit on them as a surprise to Taher. About half way through the warmups, I realized that we were in the wrong seats. At this point, we were about 20 seats from the field, but then I realized we were actually in the 5th row, right behind the Twin's dugout. Yes, in actuality, our seats were even better than I had thought. The Twin's ended up winning in the 9th inning. I've never had a day like this, and I am so completely aware of how unworthy I am.
31 WEEKS PREGNANT
I missed my pregnancy post of the week. I am 31 weeks. (Now officially 31w2d) I have my midwife appointment today and pray things are still going well. And here are my pregnancy pictures of the week. . . from the Twin's game. (I swear, this pink shirt isn't the only one I own) :)
GUILT
I feel guilty for so many things. I have major mama guilt. Like how am I going to give two babies the attention they need and deserve? Am I doing either of these children a disservice by having them both at the same time? Is there enough love to go around? Was I thinking about baby girl enough on referral day or was too much of my attention going towards Khalil. It isn't fair that T and I received our referral when there were people waiting longer than us for theirs. I feel for them. I know how hard waiting is. It isn't fair that people have lost their babies, had difficult pregnancies, had issues with their adoption. I am feeling constant guilt.
UNWORTHINESS
I am SO aware of how unworthy I am for all that I am receiving. I've been in a constant conversation with God since Tuesday letting him know that I realize how unworthy I am, and that I hope he doesn't take this away from me.
BALANCING LIFE
I hate my pessimistic attitude, but every time things go well for me, I wait for the ball to drop. I'm waiting for that to happen right now. I feel beyond blessed to have a referral of a beautiful baby boy, and to be pregnant with a baby girl. What's going to go wrong? No one's life is this good, right? Something bad needs to happen to balance things off. I'm scared of what that bad thing will be. I can't lose these children. I love them both so much. So much.
So, these are my thoughts. My mind is a bit everywhere, as you can see. I'm just so grateful for the gifts I've been given and so aware that there are people who should be receiving these gifts before me. Not for one second will I take any of my gifts for granted. I am so very thankful.
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! I hope to have an update on Monday from the adoption agency. We should know by then if we squeaked by with only having to travel to Ethiopia once.
13 comments:
Ohh Leah, First of all.. When you have both babies with you, You will then know just how possible it is to have enough love for both. The love we all have inside us is amazingly powerful and can grow to HUGE amounts. I have 5 beautiful good children and a wonderful husband, I have plenty of love and enough of me for all of them. Life will no longer be boring. everyday will be filled with amazing 1sts for both Khalil and the sweet lil girl.
Did I miss the post where you and T named baby girl? or are you still in deep thought of what to name her? lol ... sorry after having the twins I can't remember everything :( sleep deprivation will do that to a human brain.
Omg!! I'm so super happy for you.. can't wait to see the awesome Pictures of your children in your arms.
First, my friend, I take exception to your feelings of unworthiness! You and T are both worthy of all of these joys! This is a very exciting time, and my hope is for you to relish all of this goodness, to celebrate these awesome moments thoroughly. :)
Second, you CAN parent two little ones at the same time. You have a fab, dedicated parter by your side and together the two of you will make it happen with love and with amusement. It is so clear to me that you and T have a strong, healthy relationship, and it's the perfect foundation for raising two babes. Will it be an adjustment? Sure. Will you guys handle it with humor and grace? Without a doubt.
What a relief that you may only need to travel once! When will you know when it's time to go? And how long from this point will you know your court date? This is so exciting, Leah! I have so much genuine joy for you!
praying PRAYING you got in under the one trip rule!!!! ahhh!
Take a deep breath and let the guilt go, my friend.
As far as the whole "was I thinking about the baby girl enough on referral day" question.. .I think it is more than natural to have all your thoughts focused on K that day. In a sense, that was his birthday into your family. That was the day he became a real person, a baby boy materialized out of a dream. And I expect that the day you go into the hospital and give birth to your lovely little girl will be a day focused on her :)
I am so excited for you, I can't hardly stand it. Can't wait to see the pictures once you bring your babies home!
I can totally relate to this superstitious thinking:
"... every time things go well for me, I wait for the ball to drop."
I still fight it constantly in my life, but I know it is not true. I know that it is more of a tragedy to waste each day worrying about what might happen, than to actually go through a difficult time when it does come. Our minds and souls can play such cruel tricks on us, to drain the joy and hope from us. I am amazed by people who just don't think this way - like my husband, who really doesn't expect bad things to happen around every corner! Hoping & praying that you will have peace and be fully able to experience the joy of this exciting time in your life :)
Everyone is plauged with self doubt in life. I believe that God wants everyone to know that each and every person in the world is worthy of living their dreams and achieving their highest potential, including you. You are worthy of receiving these children, Taher is worthy of receiving these children. And your children are worthy of recieving you as parents. You all are already wonderful!!
Wow, your referral day sounds like one of the best days EVER!!! That is so neat!! Praying for you as you get ready for your babies!! Do you have an estimate of when you will travel?
Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations, this is so awesome, just in time for Mother's Day! I'm getting so excited to see pictures of your little sweeties!!
Oh and don't worry...I know you're going to be AMAZING parents!!
I pray that you will be able to get in with the one trip what wonderful news that would be!
I know you will be an excellent mom to both of your kids and they are truly blessed to have you as their mom as well!
WOW, what a great day. I too am usually waiting for the ball to drop after such good news. I've learned to trust God and just treasure everything he has given to me. You will be a great mom to both of your children!
I don't know how I missed your referral post but I was SO excited to see this post today and realize that YOU GOT THE CALL!!!!! So very excited for you!!!!! I know what you mean about things feeling like they're too good to be true - after struggling with infertility and waiting so long, it seems like it can't just be this good. But the truth is, sometimes life is hard, but sometimes it is JUST PLAIN WONDERFUL! Enjoy these amazing blessings :) I am so happy for you!
Love, love, love your amazingly special referral day! SO happy for you!
I was looking for your next post on Friday, but must have missed it before getting busy for the whole weekend! Love the pics at the baseball game!
I'll admit I'm a bit emotional tonight, but reading your guilty feelings and your fear that the ball is going to drop just resonated with me so very strongly that I just teared up. I want to tell you not to feel that way, and not to worry, but I'd be such a hypocrite! So, instead, just know that you aren't alone in your feelings.
This, though, I do know...You have PLENTY of love to give to BOTH of YOUR children! God knows what He's doing and He has a special plan for you and T!
I'm still just off one foot and on the other to 1. hear baby girl's name 2. see pics of Kahlil, and 3. see pics of both of them together!!
Sending love!!
Post a Comment