9:00pm - Show up at the Sleep Clinic and get brought to my room, which happens to be right across from a bathroom. Score!
9:00pm - 10:00pm - Get wires put all over my body. And I mean ALL over. Have them put on my head with this pasty glue like substance. Have them put all over my face, my chest, my belly, my legs, and even something in my nose that resembled a cannula, but wasn't.
10:00pm - After getting all the wires put on me, realize I need to go to the bathroom. Not convenient with wires. Try to go to bed.
12:00am - Call the tech because I have to go to the bathroom. She needs to unhook some wires to make that possible. Go to the bathroom and look in the mirror and freak out. I look like a monster!!!
12:30am - Can't sleep. Too many wires. Guy in the room next to me snoring too loudly. (He wasn't in my room, just the room next door, but he was snoring THAT loud) Tech calls into my room to see if I'm okay cause I play on my cell phone for 30 minutes. That's right! There are cameras watching me!!!
1:30am - Bathroom break. Call the tech, wires removed. . . you get the drill.
3:00am - Bathroom break. Seriously? Sleep studies on pregnant women? Are you kidding me? After bathroom break, update facebook about my inability to sleep. Seriously, I don't think I've hit REM yet.
3:30am - Tech comes into the room. There are wires out of place. She fixes them and leaves.
5:00am - Bathroom Break
6:00am - Wake up call.
7:00am - Arrive home and take the best shower of my life where I get to scrub the pasty glue like substance out of my hair.
TODAY IS GOING TO BE A LONG DAY!
I also wanted to share this picture. Our friend painted it of T and I. It is based off a picture of the two of us. I love this painting and now need to find the perfect place for it in our house.
11 comments:
hahaha, could they get a test result done at all???
and a GUY in the room with you - only in america :-)
Is it possible to do a sleep study on someone that doesn't sleep? ;o) Hope you are able to rest today.
A
I'm so sorry you had to endure that sleep study. Sounds like no fun at all!! But I have to say all the bathroom breaks made me chuckle. :) How does anyone ever sleep in a place like that to get sufficiently observed?! I hope you are allowed some coffee to get through the day!!!!
ha ha, that does seem rather silly! Maybe they should wait til after the baby arrives...but then who would feed the baby...?
Yeah, I was wondering why they bothered trying to do a sleep study on a pregnant woman! Sounds like they won't have much information to study. Hope you can stay awake tonight!
Awesome portrait!
yikes! hope you make it through the day ok.
Yea, my sleep quality is SO different than when I'm not pregnant. Not only am I uncomfortable, but I'm SORE. My shoulders and hips get so sore from laying on them. I have to get up out of bed in order to turn over (about every two hours), and then there's the peeing 3/4x a night. Soooo not restful!
At least I can sleep in now though!
Sleep studies are great only if you can sleep. For me, I have had three and hate everyone of them. BUT...If you do have sleep apnea, getting it diagnosed and treated is soooooo worth it!
Whoa! sounds awful :(
I sure hope you get rest tonight.
Hmm, no sleep during a sleep study! I cannot imagine how hard that would be to sleep through all of that. Hope you get some rest today!
I ran across your blog the other day and bookmarked it as we have both pg and adoption in common. I have a 6 year old adopted from Korea, am currently 29 weeks pg and we are planning an Ethopian adoption a little down the road. I had to post my commiseration with you over the miserableness of the sleep study. I had one done last fall, pre-pg, and it was horrible!!!! I had the same experience with a snoring man next door. I managed to get two hours of sleep but luckily it was enough for them to tell me I didn't have sleep apnea. Here's to never having to do sleep studies again!
Post a Comment