Thursday, August 19, 2010

All About TT

As we anxiously await to get the call about our Embassy Date, I thought I would do a post all about Scarlett as she turned 6 weeks old this week.

It's hard to believe she's already 6 weeks old. A part of me feels like she's been in our family forever. Perhaps that is because I can't remember a time where I was able to take a shower with the door closed, or watch silly television, or anything like that. (And by the way, wouldn't go back to that for anything if it meant not having Scarlett in my life)

I'd like to say we are starting to form a routine, and perhaps we are a little bit, but for the most part, Scarlett and her needs dictate our days and we just go with the flow.


Scarlett loves her Baba (Father in Arabic) and here is T trying to soothe her by giving her a little rock. And our cat Sucar didn't want to be left out. Can you say multi-tasking?

Because I'm home alone with Scarlett during the day, we have to use the self-timer function a lot on the camera. Here is Scarlett and I about to go pick up T from the airport. The flowers you see behind my head were a gift from us to T as he returned from his journey.
We also manage to do a lot of snuggling. Really, she is just the cutest thing we've ever seen.


We are currently doing bathtime every other day, and Scarlett is starting to scream less and less each time. After we do bathtime, I give her a nice massage with lotion, and she loves it. Her personality is really starting to come out, and when she smiles, it melts my heart.



During the day, I also try to do some time for pure education. I'll shake a rattle for her and try to get her to follow objects. I'll also do tummy time so she can work on that neck strength. Again, she doesn't scream as much as she used to, and her neck is so strong already.

At the moment, I'm not too concerned with the whole routine thing. Afterall, as soon as Nur comes home, we'll be finding a new routine. I cannot wait to post a picture of my children together. That will be a monumental day in my life seeing them together, as I've been waiting for that for so long. Soon I hope. Very soon. :)























This week TT turned 6 weeks old.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

i CANNOT believe she's 6 weeks already! happy 6 weeks, scarlett!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a precious picture of T, Scarlett and the cat! Adorable! As for your other post about leaving Scarlett, I don't think babies have a concept of time. So it will be harder on you than on her. As long as her needs are being met (which they will be), she will be just fine. I think it is awesome that you are planning to go to pick up Khalil. It will be good for you to have some 1:1 bonding time with Khalil, and it will be good for T and Scarlett to have some 1:1 time while you are gone. Heather

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed if you are getting a routine down this early, but don't feel stress about it. Emma is 5 months and I feel like we are just now getting something that resembles a routine. And as soon as you think you have a pattern figured out, like with sleeping, they switch it up on you.

Such sweet pictures. She does have a very strong neck. And it is so sweet seeing T love on her. Cute, cute!

Michele said...

happy 6w birthday!

I, too, cant wait for the pics of your babies together- it will be awesome!

Mrs. Gullett said...

6 weeks already!!!???? I surely doesn't seem that long!

You cat reminds me of what mine will be like once our baby comes...all over whomever will pet her!

roy/elisabeth dean said...

Happy Birthday Scarlett! 6 weeks is BIG birthday present. Maybe you'll get the call today....that would be the best 6w present EVER!

Leah, she's beautiful!

♥,Lilly

Jewls said...

Is it possible to have a routine at 6 weeks? I was totally on Z's schedule at that point! She's so beautiful!!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

that is crazy, I swear she's about 3 weeks old! she is sooooo cute! I like your adoption post, adoption isn't quick, just ask those of us who lived in Gautemala, it was so wonderful to be with our children but we would have loved for the adoptions to have been quicker, along with the families still waiting to bring their kids home. Can't wait to see your kids together.

Deni said...

Oh my heavens! She is soooo cute that one in the towel with her smiling is definitely a heart melter! She is so cute and I can't wait to see her with Kahlil! Did I mention that I love her name?!?!