T got in around noon yesterday, and Scarlett and I anxiously picked him up at the airport. I was so happy to see him and have him home safely after such a far away journey, and I believe Scarlett was happy too! She changed so much in the week he was gone. She's starting to really focus more, and is smiling too! She saved some of her smiles for her baba. :)
He had a great trip. He was able to visit Khalil a few days, he was able to pass court which makes Khalil OUR SON, he was able to experience a new country, and meet new people. I'm very proud of him for being able to do this alone. I'm sure it wasn't easy at all.
He took a ton of pictures and video that I can't wait to share with you all. There is some discrepancy on when I can share it though. Some say when we pass court, and some say not until we have physical custody of Khalil. . . So I'll error on the safe side and wait. It was so fun to see the pictures and videos though. I got a better idea of who my child is. T did so great with him, and I know Khalil really took to T.
It was very hard for T to leave him. . . especially because we don't know when our embassy date will be. We are hoping that we can bring Khalil home as soon as possible.
T also brought us home some great treasures, but for some reason I'm having issues uploading them, so that will have to wait.
11 comments:
Oh Leah, that is so awesome!!! Congrats to your family!!!
I'm so happy you have decided to go get your baby! What fun!
I haven't checked in for a few days....reading the comments to yesterday's post I noticed that everyone kept commenting on how GORGEOUS he is, yet I didn't see a pic! I thought I was going crazy until I read today's post that you couldn't post pictures until the Embassy date. I'll just have to be patient....that's what I get for being a slacker and not checking~
Have a beautiful day!
♥,Lilly
thats so awesome, so gla dyou at least have a bunch of pictures and video!
i know you're so glad to have him home! i can't wait to see more pictures of your cutie!!!!
WOW!!! Congratulations Leah! They are beautiful! Isn't it great having a family! :)
Leah,
SO happy that Taher is home, but so sad that Khalil is still waiting. What a torn feeling that must have been for your husband. Perhaps your not going helped protect you from the feelings of being separated, as I know I would not deal well with leaving my child on another continent. However, precious Khalil will be in your arms very soon. Then, you can shower him with his Mother's love :)
Just this week I was thinking of Khalil and how you said he slept in T's arms. He could do that because he felt safe, and I firmly believe this, as children "know" what feels right.
Keeping you all in my prayers as you prepare to expand your family. I know the waiting is even harder now, but good things do come to those who wait :)
Much love,
Andrea
I am glad Taher had safe travels. I am excited to hear about the details of the trip and his experience!
That is fantastic news! Sorry I have been such a bad blogger lately. I've thought about you two every day though. I did talk to a fellow blogger about you this weekend too, actually TWO fellow bloggers, and everyone seems to think you are the cat's meow in blogland. ;) We're all so happy for you.
Welcome home T! I'm glad your trip was so wonderful and you are home safe and sound.
I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!
so glad to hear that he is home safe and sound and that he is your son!
Yay! That week went so fast! Before you know it you'll be bringing K home!
Hurray! So excited that T is home safely. I bet he couldn't wait to hug you and get his hands on his little girl! :)
Can't wait to hear more about Khalil!
Post a Comment