So many things going on. I'm very aware of how in a few months, life will be completely different. In my head, I know of all the things there are to do to prepare. Yet, I feel no urgency. Feeling no urgency is not normal for me. Usually I panic and feel the need to get things done immediately. For some reason, it's different this time around.
I feel no urgency to get the nurseries completed, or even started for that matter. In the back of my mind, I know that T and I need to figure out some long term daycare plans, yet we've hardly even had that conversation in weeks. We also know that we need to do more fundraisers as when we get our referral, we'll owe more money. . . money that we don't have sitting around right now.
SO.MUCH.TO.DO.
Yet for the past couple of weeks, I've been lazier than ever. After work, T and I have been eating dinner, and then spending several hours catching up on Lost. (We are only on season 2 right now, and are loving it) We sit on the couch and cuddle. We don't do do housework, or plan for our changing lives. Instead, we are both trying to enjoy the free time that we now have. . . because we are very aware that before we know it, there will be no free time.
I have a sense of calmness that things will get done eventually. Rooms will be painted, cribs will be assembled, office will be reconstructed, closets will be organized. It will all get done. But for now, I'm going to enjoy my time doing absolutely nothing.
17 comments:
That is always a good plan. Enjoy the time now when it is just the two of you, so that you can more fully enjoy the time with your children.
And I hope you take pictures of the nurseries as you do them. I love home remodel pictures :)
The important thing is that you guys plan and ready yourselves for the change. The rooms, the plans for care... they'll come together. And if they don't? You'll take it as it comes. That's not really necessary right now- things don't have to be perfect. BUT the time you two share is what really matters!
I am also usually one to be right on top of things, but sometimes, it's really enjoyable to kick back and enjoy some downtime. You know that you won't have that kind of time with your husband very soon, and the other stuff will get done one way or another. You have time!
And that's the best way to watch "Lost," I think - all at once. Just yesterday I was wondering if I remembered anything from last season as the new season starts soon!
Hey you enjoy this time! Trust me when the kids are throwing up all over the place and your house is in need of cleaning and laundry needing done you will look back and be like thank God I took those lazy days to the fullest! LOL.. Oh and wheres the belly bump pictures!?!?
Odd, I feel like that a lot too! I'm starting to panic because this babe is coming soon!
You sound just like we were when we were getting ready for this past match....we're much better under pressure. It didn't start to feel urgent until about 4-6 weeks before. I'm sure that when the time gets closer, you'll get into high gear. For now, enjoy each other and lounging about....these opportunities to do that won't be as frequent with little ones around, of course! Everything has a way of working out. As you said, it will all get done:)
Looks like I have missed a lot!! I say enjoy your time together. There is always time to paint and assemble. Take things one step at a time and it will all work itself out.
You know you'll get things done in the end so I fully support taking time to enjoy life before the life you knew totally changes. Sounds perfect to me! And Lost is important!
That is exactly the way it is supposed to be. Enjoy the time that is left with just the two of you. Enjoy the silence in your house. You will still have those moments after the babies come home, but they will be farther and fewer in between. Hubs and I usually snuggle and watch TV after the baby goes to bed.
Everything always works out when it is time.
i cannot imagine how much you have to do!!! hopefully once that nesting kicks in, you'll be able to run all over and get it all done!!!
Ahhh...so happy to see that you are taking time to "live in the moment" The rest is SMALL stuff and will be taken care of in due time. Keep enjoying eachoter, as this time is so very special.
Many Blessings!
Andrea
good job! i'm making up for lost cuddle time now... besides you have a little one growing in you... i think i slept most of the first trimester away in my spare moments
I know, it's hard for me to even imagine how different things will be.
Love that you are enjoying one another right now. :)
I think that enjoying this time is just as important too! You have to savor these minutes with your husband! Before the babies get here and life changes!
Plus, LOST is always important:)
I say "Yay Leah". My husband and I are going on dates and just enjoy spending time together too. You know that it will never be the same as before so we need to enjoy it now!!! Enjoy your cuddle time!!
Enjoying the moment is such a nice thing too. Take your time!
Love the thought of you and T snuggling up on the couch together relaxing. You're right - it will get done.
Post a Comment