Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Where I'm at

This is my 100th post! Crazy! It took me about 5 months to get to 100 posts. . . I guess that makes me a pretty reliable blogger.

I remember when I started this blog. I would read other blogs, and would see their 100th post, and it always made me wonder where I would be when I was writing my 100th.

Sometimes when you're in a moment, the future seems SO.FAR.AWAY. When I started my blog in August, I felt a bit anxious. There was still a lot to do with paperwork for the adoption, a lot of things to figure out, and things just felt stressful. At times, I caught myself wishing my life away. I just wanted life to fast forward for a while. Whenever I get in that mind set, I feel guilty. Because there are many people who at the same time, are wishing life would slow down. People who are watching their kids grow up too fast, people who are dealing with a sick loved one, people who are having to say goodbye. So, even though I was ready for the adoption to happen NOW, I had a great epiphany and realized that I needed to enjoy each and every moment. . . for every little moment is truly a gift.

So, here I am. . . 100th post in to this blog. I'm in a place that I would never have guessed I would be in when I started good ole Life According to Leah.

I have been on the adoption waitlist for 2 months
I have received almost 22,000 visitors to this little blog of mine
I've raised about $1,000 towards the adoption
I'm 15 weeks pregnant
My husband has a new job that he likes
I have 88 wonderful followers of this blog, and even more lurkers who I hope will become followers
I've met many new bloggers who I relate to on so many levels.

All of these are things that I couldn't have guessed 100 posts ago. Never.In.A.Million.Years.

I thank those who take time out of their busy days to read my blog, and I thank those who take the time to leave me wonderful and supportive comments. Every time I get a comment, it warms my heart. I look forward to seeing where I'll be when I hit 200 posts, but for now, I'm going to focus on every day that I am given.

15 comments:

Jenny said...

yay for 100 and all that's happened in 5 months! i'm right behind ya!

Andi-bo-bandi said...

glad you have this blog, leah. i am so happy to have 'met' you this way! :)

Raising Davis Darlings said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Wait until those babies come along, then before you know it you will be in the 300s like I am. You find yourself wanting to record every little moment! I am so excited to read more and more about the little one you are about to adopt and the little one you are about to give birth too. What an exciting time for you!!!! Anticipation is the best....so enjoy every moment and keep telling us about it.

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Happy 100 post my friend! Isn't the twist and turns of life so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th! You have a great blog :) And so happy that you are in such a great place in your life. Lot can happen over 100 posts!

Trinity said...

Congrats, Leah! You forgot one thing that you've done in these 100 posts: you've imparted lots of warmth, hope and friendship to all of us tagging along for your journey. :) Here's to an amazing 100 more posts!

Michele said...

Happy 100th!

Lyndsay said...

Wow - that's a lot of life changes in 100 posts!!

Congratulations on 100 posts - I'm excited to see what the next 100 holds for you!

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th :)

I'm sure you'll be exactly where you want to be in another 100 posts. A MOMMY!

The Busters said...

Congrats on the 100th! I am excited to read about all that is on the horizon for you. Thank you for taking us along on your journey and for all the support you provide for others daily. Where would I be without you??!! :)

Cicero said...

It's amazing the community that lives 'out there'. Where would we be without all this support and knowledge given to us from such friendly people?

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Congratulations on hitting 100 posts!

Brittany Ann said...

Congrats on 100!

Michelle said...

Happy 100 posts!

Amy said...

Happy 100th! I always enjoy reading your blog and can't wait until your babies arrive and you can add lots of pictures to it!