Our agency estimates that the time on the waitlist, before a referral comes is on average 4-6 months. It is really hard for me to believe that we could receive a referral for our son in just a month. VERY hard to believe!!! Our agency states that the 4-6 months is just an average. Some referrals happen in less time, and some happen in more time. Now, I REALLY can't grasp that we could get a referral any day now. But I would take it in a heartbeat. We are very excited for all of this. :-D T and I still guess that our referral will come in May. Not sure why that is what we think, but that is our best guess. May would put us at the 6 month point of waiting. And we're hoping to have our son home no later than September. I love these arbitrary dates T and I put on the adoption. If we were actually close in any of our date estimates, I would be amazed! :-D So far, the wait hasn't been so bad. T and I have been so busy, that it's really flying by. Some people say this is the hardest part of the adoption. I think the hardest part will be once I see a picture of our son, but having to wait to travel to pick him up. That will be hard.
Sometimes I have very vivid day dreams about our adoption. T and I are in an orphanage thousands and thousands of miles away, and our son is carried out to us. He is more gorgeous than we ever could have imagined. T is holding the video camera, while I reach out for our son. He cries. . . afterall, we are strangers to him. But he isn't the only one crying. Taher and I are sobbing because we are FINALLY meeting our son. We are hugging, crying, and laughing. I love day dreams. :-D
Of course, I'm also a realist, and my day dream does extend to getting back to our hotel. I think about the fears this baby boy will have. He'll wonder who we are. He'll leave everything familiar to him. T and I will try to navigate the best we can. Taking turns with feedings, diaper changes. We will be exhausted from the flight across the ocean, we will be overhwelmed by the newness of all of this. But, I also have no doubt that we will be truly happy.
Oh. . . I bought Baby K his first gifts! (T has bought him many things, but I haven't yet) Oh, and I'll call him baby K because we're pretty sure the name we are going with starts with a K. Any guesses? And no worries. . . I will reveal it. . . I just want to make sure this is the name FOR SURE before I do so.
Here are the gifts I bought him.

I can't wait to read these adoption books to K. I can't wait to have K cuddling on my lap. Ahh. . . So much to look forward to.
14 comments:
I always thought when you adopt overseas that it takes years and not months?
A family member of my client adopted a baby girl from China before I knew them and she was so sweet, but I never really allowed myself to think about adoption when I was around them. However, when they were matched with a boy from China and went to go get him. While I was happy for the family, I was so sad for the boy. Here come these strangers to take him to a strange land. However, from what I could see he fitted in their family so well.
I am so excited for you :) My husband and I plan to adopt someday, so it always makes me excited when I hear about another person on the road to having their family complete
Those Todd Parr books are so good! I have one I read to my 2nd graders when I teach our unit on diversity - called It's ok to be different. Plus, the illustrations are so cute.
Yay!! This is super exciting!! And the books look fantastic--he will love them. My name guesses are Kade, and Kayden.
Congrats on hitting the 3 month mark!! Thanks for the two book suggestions! I don't think I have heard of either and am eager to check them out. My name guesses are Kaeleb and Kai. :)
Maybe Kyle??? I'm sure whatever the name is it will be perfect! You have so much going on in your lives right now - allow yourself to daydream!
I love Todd Parr. :) Wow, it's crazy to think that your referral could come ANY DAY NOW! Eeeee!!! :)
Looking forward to Baby K's name reveal!
We have the Blessing from Above book. It is a very sweet book.
I'm so excited that your referral could come at any time. I can't wait to see his picture and find out his name!
woohoo! i hope your dates work out like that! that'd be awesome! and i love buying books :-) it's the one thing i don't feel silly buying now! i haven't seen the 2nd one, i'll have to add it to my list...
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Just read a couple of your posts--what an amazing journey you're on =)
Amazing! Simply amazing!
Leah, every time I come to your blog I leave "filled up". My worries are calmed and my fears are made less. I find strength in your words and encouragement in your story. And, it restores my FAITH in happy endings :)
Baby K is going to have all that he needs...LOVE. My friends who've adopted said the plan ride is the hardest, but that time provides for wonderful bonding. I remember my friend Kristi telling me that Claire clung to her for 9 hours and she was exhausted. She then handed Claire to her hubby and said "little one, meet your Daddy" and she's been a Daddy's girl ever since and she's 12 yrs old! *HUGS*
Love the books! Great idea for me, as I wanted to give a gift to a friend :)
xoxo
Andrea
Aw, happy 3 months! Congrats on making it this far and that much closer to meeting your baby K :)
We love We belong together in our house. I love all Todd Parr books
Post a Comment