I'm a guest blogger over at Campbell Family Party of 3 today. Click here to read my guest post. And become a follower over at the Campbell Family Party of 3 blog. Mandy is a wonderful advocate for adoption.
- T and I have been on the waitlist for almost 3 months! Next week, it will officially be 3 months! Every day, we are a step closer. Our agency averages the waitlist time to be between 4-6 months. Hard to believe we could potentially be only 1 month away from a referral.
- A couple blogs that I follow from our same agency recently received their referrals. What does this mean? It means that things are moving, and I'm making my way to the front of the list.
- T and I are close to finalizing the name of our little boy. I'll share it once we are 100% positive. I'm thinking we have found a name though, because we keep referring to him by that name.
- T and I have decided to have a huge garage sale this summer as our final attempt to raise some money. We are really looking forward to it because we've been cleaning and organizing our entire home, and we have many items that we are looking to get ride of at the garage sale. They are nice items too, but making room for two little ones, we realize that we don't want any clutter in the house.
So, those are today's adoption updates. While sitting on the waitlist, there really isn't a lot of adoption news. My best guess is still that we'll bring home our son in September sometime. Let's see if I'm close to being right about that. :-D
9 comments:
woohoo! glad things are moving! and i CANNOT wait to hear the name you've picked out!
Must be so exciting knowing that YOUR DAY is coming soon! And I can't wait to hear the name for your little boy - thanks for leaving us dying of anticipation :)
Things are moving right along!! I can't wait to hear the name you have picked out!!
You are getting much closer to your referral day...that is sooooo exciting!!!
I don't know if you're planning this already, but at your garage sale, you should have a poster up asking for donations for your adoptions. I know that I'm stingy at garage sales, haggling over items, but if I saw someone was trying to raise money for adoption, I'd give whatever I had in my pocket. I know a lot of people would do the same!
:) thanks so much for being my guest today!! You rock!! You are so getting close!!
Call Me Mama,
Thanks so much for the suggestion. That is a great idea! We also think we'll put up signs around the neighborhood saying adopting fundraiser. We hope it's a success. :-D
Congrats on 3 months!! Very eager to hear the name you have picked!
So exciting!!!
Post a Comment