Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Weekly Pregnancy Post - 21 Weeks

How far along: 21 weeks
Gender: Girl! And if for some reason this ultrasound tech was wrong, our boy will have a pretty pink bedroom!
Pregnancy Symptoms: This is embarrassing, but pregnancy has made me snore. Bad. It's so bad that it wakes me up at night. (Which means T must be getting NO sleep) I turn the humidifier on, but nothing helps. I wake up so tired each day. I just hope it goes away when the baby is born.
Maternity Clothes: Definitely. And I even found some pretty cute ones.
Movement: More and more movement this week.
Best Moment of the Week: I haven't felt much for movement yet. Some fluttery feelings, but that's about it. Well, last night as I'm laying in bed trying to fall asleep, I start getting kicked. . . and kicked. . . and kicked. I am sure I had a huge smile on my face, and I prayed a prayer of thanksgiving for this blessing. I felt our daughter kick. It was so amazing.
Food Cravings: Snickers, Caffeine free Mt. Dew, Triscuits,
What I miss: Sleeping on my belly.
Weekly Wisdom: When waiting for something you really want in your life, be sure to enjoy your life while waiting. Don't let days pass you by. . .even if you aren't exactly where you would like to be in your life.

I had to resort to the mirror picture because my photographer (aka husband) was still asleep as I left for work today. And notice my cat. She gets ready with me in the bathroom every morning. She just sits up on the counter and watches me get ready. It's pretty cute actually. :-D

20 comments:

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

:) Yay for week 21!! You look so cute!

birthmothertalks said...

A boy? Two boys at the same age? There will be no rest for you. Ha! They will keep you busy, but I know you will love it.

Leah said...

It's a girl, so we will have one of each. :-D

Jenny said...

all my pg friends say they can't WAIT to lay on their bellies again!!!! you look great!

Raising Davis Darlings said...

Awwh, you look so beautiful pregnant!

Donna said...

Looking good!!!

Kate said...

you look great Leah!!!

Chelle said...

Oh Leah, I am so happy for you. These months are the best. I loved every single baby movement when I was pregnant. Reading your post makes my heart swell. I am so glad you get to experience this.

Sucar's (sp?) behind in the picture made me laugh. Silly kitty.

The Busters said...

I LOVE that the kitty is in the photo! Cats just have to be in the middle of everything. :) Very cool you are starting to feel some kicks! And the snoring thing made me laugh. I know it isn't funny to you but I was not expecting that! :)

birthmothertalks said...

Oh. I didn't read it clear enough. I see you said if they are wrong the boy will have a pink room.

Cicero said...

Soooo cute!!!!!!!!

Tina said...

You look great!!! And my cat loves to get ready with DH in the morning. It's his little ritual to get a drink of water out of the faucet. :)

Anonymous said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! I think I miss sleeping on my stomach the most, too!

A said...

You're looking great!! That is so cool that you laid there and felt her kick. I CANNOT WAIT!!!! :-D

eLiZaBeTh said...

I like your words of wisdom about waiting. It is true. Even in times of stress or change, it is important to enjoy life anyway, because before you know it, days pass and suddenly you are out of that time in your life. I was a single mom for a long time & lived at home with my parents for 4.5 years. There were times when I was like "get me out of here!" but now I look back and see how special those years of my life (and my daughter's life, too)really were. Enjoy & Cherish the waiting period, after the little ones appear, life will never be the same again! You look great!

Andrea said...

Leah,

I'm going to take your words of wisdom and "live in the moment" :)

Cheers to a little lady! One little lady and one little man...what a sweet picture.

I'm so happy you are enjoying your pregnancy, it just makes me smile, as your journey has been long, but will soon be complete.

HUGS
xo

Paula Keller said...

Your belly is too cute!

I miss sleeping on my belly too. A lot.

Anonymous said...

You look great. :) I'm so glad that things are going so well for you-- you deserve it!! (And I'm still following along... I'm just awful at commenting lately!)

Let Me Not Forget said...

it is so fun to feel movement. i liked it even better when i could actually see him kicking!

Jennifer said...

You look amazing! We are so excited for you!