Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Little of This and That

Poor TT. I'm learning all about parenting, and unfortunately she is my guinea pig.

Want to know what I did this weekend? I attempted to cut those little fingernails of hers, and the little bugger moved, and I managed to cut her skin a little bit. I knew as soon as I did it. I looked at TT and she was silent, stunned, and then she WAILED. I picked her up and tried to soothe her, but she was inconsolable. Then I started crying because I felt horrible that I had inflicted pain on my baby. I FELT HORRIBLE! After a good cry, she was perfectly fine. She smiled at me. Whew! She still loves me! Luckily, there was no blood. Just a little cut that resembles a papercut. Note to self. NEVER cut her nails again. From now on, I'll only be filing them. Lesson learned!


And here are some pictures of some TT cuteness:


Enjoying tummy time. No really, I think she's starting to enjoy it. She doesn't cry everytime now. Success! :)

Just got out of the bath and ready for a little lotion massage. But while she waits, she needs a nice fluffy blanket to keep her warm.

Sitting on Baba's lap is one of the best places to be.


Why do you have me in this ridiculous headband?

Little Gap girl in her cardigan and jeans. Such a fashionista!
TT and I spent a lot of time at Tar.get this weekend. I kept thinking of last minute things that I needed for my trip. I leave Friday! Holy crap! I love TT and I's Tar.get time. As we walk down the aisles, I tell her stories about her brother who will be home soon. I ask her opinion on what I should get him. (People in the store always look at me oddly as I converse with my 3 month old daughter) I'd like to think TT gets it a little bit though. She sits and smiles at me when I talk about Nur. I can just tell that they will be the best of friends. :)





14 comments:

Jenny said...

I LOVE the little jeans and cardigan outfit! Super cute!

Rachel said...

She is absolutely adorable!!! I have always talked to Matthew in the store too...I feel a bit silly but I can't help it :). Now he's starting to talk back and it is so fun!! I can't believe how soon you leave! I can't wait to see that little boy in your arms :) :) :)

RELH said...

She is sooo cute! You know that I love the bow!!!

Nina & Wes said...

I have had more than one friend tell me that they actually bite the nails off their little ones, because they have had the same horrible experience as you. :) Makes sense to me! :)

Christina said...

She is such a cutie! I will be wishing you good luck and safe travels this week!

Cicero said...

Totally adorable little monkey.

Anonymous said...

I totally talk to Emma the whole time we are at the grocery store or anywhere else shopping. One lady stopped me one time and said she was glad she wasn't the only one who talked to her baby :)

As far as the fingernails, I'm scared to death of using clippers so I just use a little emery board. I usually do it while she's nursing so she doesn't really even pay attention. I cut her one time with the nail clippers and that was the end of that.

Jewls said...

Ha ha, I talk to Z all the time too!

Cutting fingernails is hard! I did the same thing to Z! Luckily babies have very short, forgiving memories!

She is seriously SO beautiful Leah, I can't wait for your kids to be together so we can gush over how cute they BOTH are! :)

Heidi said...

Holy C*#!, Leah! You leave FRIDAY!!! I have been away from the blog world since bringing home our boys but have been catching up a bit lately (now that I am back at work, lol). First of all, a very belated congratulations! Secondly, I read your post on "The Evolution of Our Adoption" and I HEAR YOU. If I had REALLY known how hard parenthood is I wonder if I would have had to the courage to adopt 3 year old twin boys. But I am so glad I did, and you will be too! Granted, it will probably be pretty hard at first, but just trust your instincts and know that the transition period does pass. You are going to be a great mom to these two kids and having a sibling is such a gift. SAFE TRAVELS AND GOOD LUCK!!! XO

Deni said...

She is such a doll! I love her headband and big flower! I have tons of those for a girl one day (my poor dog will have to wear them if I end up with all boys!). So excited for you and your trip, praying for safety and a smooth transition! Anxiously awaiting pics with all four of you!!!

Raising Davis Darlings said...

Awww I did the same thing when I attempted to cut my son's nails. I then started to cut them when he was asleep.

AL said...

she is getting cuter and cuter by the day!

Christy said...

I've always loved shopping with my kids when they're little. They sit in the cart (or car seat) and you're face to face and can talk to them. It's great. Now once they're over 3... ;P

Thinking of you! Love the pictures and especially the ridiculously adorable headband! :) Can't wait for Friday!

Let Me Not Forget said...

cute cute cute! I think it's great to talk to her where ever! I do it too... soon enough she'll start babbling back like it's a conversation. :)