The amount of change that I have experienced this year is astounding to me. I'm so thankful that I've been blogging so I can remember just how much change I have experienced.
A year ago, I was in Ireland with T. A trip to celebrate life and our new reality. We were almost done with the paperwork to get on the waitlist for adoption. It was a wonderful and reflective trip. I blogged about coming home, and feeling tired and under the weather. Hmm. . . I wonder what was causing that?
On October 26th, T and I mailed our dossier paperwork to the agency. Four days later, I got to share the best message ever with T. I got to wake him up, and tell him that I was pregnant. At the time, that was the best and happiest message I've ever been able to tell someone. And do you know how blessed I am? Just a few months later, I got to deliver an equally wonderful message, when I got to call T on the phone and tell him that we have a son.
Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the amount of change that has happened in the past 365 days. I went from starting this blog to talk about the adoption process, to finding out I was unexpectedly pregnant, to getting a referral of a beautiful baby boy, to giving birth to a beautiful baby girl, to T going to Ethiopia to meet our son and passing court, which makes Nur officially our son, and now I am just 2 days away from leaving for Ethiopia to bring our son home.
I know I am not worthy of these amazing blessings. Yet I am so thankful for them. I know that life with two babies 6 months apart will be hard. But I never want to lose sight of how lucky I am. I couldn't have imagined things working out this way, but I'm so happy they have.
In 2 short days, I'll be headed to Ethiopia, which feels like the final chapter of this story of ours. I feel good to be at this point. I'll feel even better when we are all home and together.
I know I will endure hard and painful days in the future. But for now, I am so happy, and so ready to get Nur home.
10 comments:
TWO DAYS! Oh, it's FINALLY almost here! Many blessings your way!
That certainly is a lot of change! And look how wonderfully you have survived all of it! Remember that when you feel overwhelmed with new changes in the coming days. You will survive this change, too!!!! Praying for safety and bonding with your little boy :). I am so excited for you!
I hope you have a wonderful trip. It will be amazing and emotional and overwhelming and everything else under the sun. You waited and worked so hard for one child - and now you are blessed with two!!! I can't wait to see pictures.
WOOHOO! This is going to more amazing than you can imagine. God Bless!
WOW, 2 DAYS!!! So freaking excited for you!!!! Let me know if you have any last minute packing questions! I am SO SO happy for you guys and can't wait to see your family of FOUR photo!! I will be thinking of you tons! XOXOXO
What an amazing year! Only 2 more days to get your sweet boy! Praying for safe travel and so stinking excited for you I could just do back flips (if I were that coordinated and not terrified of breaking something!!).
Wow, you have had so much change in the last year. Best wishes for a safe and wonderful trip to Ethiopia. Heather
It has been a lot of change for you and for the good. I am excited for you. Don't stop blogging once you have both kids home. I would miss you.
Have a wonderful and safe trip!
Anissa
Wow, that is such a life changing year! And now for the most amazing and hardest part of all. These moments are life changers. Embrace all of the love, happiness, tears and fear. And know, everything will be OK. I am so happy that you are going to get your son! Wishing you all the best and can't wait to follow along.
Post a Comment