My Mom and I are safely in Amsterdam. We both had upset stomaches on the way here. We can't figure out if was the beer, vodka tonics, gummy bears, combos, wine, or the bad plane chicken, or reeses peanut butter cups. Hmm. . . or maybe it was just the extra turbulent flight we experienced.
We have about 3 hours until we depart on the next leg of our flight. . . which will bring us to Sudan. And then finally to Ethiopia.
Saying goodbye to TT was awful. I was sadder than I thought I would be. Okay. . . who am I kidding, I knew I would be sad. But it was awful. :( She and T stood outside and wove as I drove away with my Mom and sister. I know she is in good hands though.
Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers on this journey. I am now only 2 days away from meeting Nur!
We are going to walk around the airport now and avoid any junk food we see. We both realize we over did it on the junk food.
I hope I'll be able to update in Addis Ababa as well. :)
12 comments:
Hi Leah! Safe travels - I've been following your blog and I am so excited for you and Taher. Will be thinking of you and sending good vibes as you get ready to meet your little boy!
Hi Leah! I've been following your blog and I'm so excited for you guys. Safe travels, I'll send good vibes to you - I can't imagine how excited/scared/elated you must be to meet your son!
sending you lots of love for your journey. so happy for you. it is going to be amazing when you finally have khalil in your arms. safe and joyous travels!!!
That list of snacks nearly made my stomach hurt to just read it! Hope you feel better on the next leg of your flight. Hope everything continues to go smoothly with the rest of your trip!
:) I am checking for updates every hour! LOL. I am sooo excited for you! Safe Travels my friend!
I think this is such an exciting time for you and your Mom. It's awesome that she can experience this trip with you. I would stay away from the junk food for a little bit. It won't be so great if you both have tummy aches.
Great to hear your travels are being survived so far - hope they improve as your tummies settle. ;)
Thinking of you! Can't wait to hear more!
Oh! I'm soooo excited for you!! Can't wait to read more!!
I hope the rest of your flights go well. I can't wait to see you with your beautiful boy!!!!!
Only 2 days until you meet your son!!!! Yay! So very happy for you.
Hope everything goes well! Sorry you're missing TT. I understand.
Safe travels!!!
Those LONG plan rides can play havoc on the GI system. When you are confined to a plane for 9+ hours, what else are girls to do?
EAT SWEETS, that's what!
Keep us posted Leah, as I can't wait to hear more about your journey to Khalil :)
Much Love
Post a Comment