
Have you ever been dealt a situation in your life that you had absolutely no control over? A situation that by all means was unfair and undeserved? Have you ever gone through a "why me" moment?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been dealt a situation that I couldn't change. I mean, nothing that I could say or do would change it. Situations like this at times make life seem unbearable, but we humans are resilient. We learn, we grow, and we move on.
In my experience, the best thing for me was my moment of acceptance. It took a lot of tears and heartache to get there, but once it came, peace flowed throughout my body. Once acceptance came, I started smiling more and the tears were less.
There are some people in my life right now who have also been dealt situations that they have no control over. Sad, tragic, and underserving situations. It would be so easy to be angry and bitter, but instead these people are handling their situations with such grace, positivity, and love. I am amazed.
My hope for everyone is that you don't focus on the uncontrollable circumstances in your life. There are many things in your life that you can change, and that should be the focus. Try to look at the deeper meaning of the hand you've been dealt. Did you ever think that maybe you were dealt that hand because a higher power thought you could deal with it better than anyone else? My hope for you is that if you aren't already at your moment of acceptance, that you'll get there. Once you are there, you can focus your energy on moving on. Moving on isn't giving up. It's simply realizing that energy focused on something that you can't change is energy wasted.
"Acceptance is not submission; it is acknowledgement of the facts of a situation. Then deciding what you're going to do about it."
11 comments:
you put that so well! that's exactly what it was like for me when i accepted that we weren't meant to make a baby on our own right now!
Thank you for that~
I really needed reminding...
I hope you are having a wonderful day!
♥,Lilly
PS...YAY, MY PRINTER CAME TODAY!
I LOVE IT!!!
Hi!
Very lovely sentiment, indeed!
Also, thanks for stopping by de-comp.
-g
p.s. I was lucky enough to be adopted. :)
I agree with you fully and maybe people out here see acceptance as intimidating because I see people's reactions as such...hard to explain I guess. The bar just ooozes with this issue of acceptance in many aspects.
Now, will you be watching the Vikings on Sunday or what?!? ;-)
Hope your meeting went well tonight... amanda
Oh girly! I could write the longest post ever so I am going to keep it short and sweet:) I have always wondered "why me" "why us" but you will truly understand it all one day..
This was such a lovely post! I am so grateful for our new friendship! I think when I need reminding I will come back and read this. :)
I think so many of us in our circle have come to that turning point somewhere in our journey. I think when we let go of the things we can't control, other aspects of our lives start to fall into place. God knows it did for us.
Acceptance is a very clear way of us beginning to know, and fully understand, that EVERYTHING, absolutely EVERYTHING in this world, happens for a reason and purpose, even if we don't always know what that meaning and purpose is, at first at least. Acceptance, letting go, and gratitude are the only real way to true peace within.
I try not to get caught up in the 'Why me's'...but sometimes it's inevitable.
Beautifully written post...I couldn't agree more!! :)
That quote is beautiful.
For me, it was coming to terms with the fact that we can do all we want but sometimes God's plan isnt ours. That led me to the road of accepting things even when I didnt want to.
You are a strong woman, Leah. Very strong. Even when you dont feel that way, you are.
Post a Comment