But before I do that, I want to remind you that you have until Thursday, 5pm, to get your name into this week's raffle. It is two for one! So, for only $5.00, you could win two fabulous prizes! Click HERE for details.
- I finally heard back from our Social Worker yesterday, and she thinks there will be an easy solution to the whole paperwork and being a contractor scenario. I hope so, as I've been a little stressed about that.
- We mailed in our adoption agreement and a hefty sum of money to our referring agency yesterday. Feels good to be moving forward!
- Tomorrow evening Taher and I meet with our Social Worker at our agency. We will read the homestudy report she has written and offer suggestions. Once that is finalized, it will be mailed to CIS (Citizen and Immigration Services) and then we'll really be moving.
- We have made it our goal to be on the official waitlist no later than Christmas. Although I'd love to be on it sooner, this process takes longer than I was originally anticipating, especially working with two separate agencies.
Those are the main things going on in my life right now. Oh, and Taher and I are making plans for a trip we booked half a year ago. You know. . . before we started saving up for the adoption. But more on that another day.
14 comments:
I'm so glad your social worker has a perceived solution to the contact-work situation! I sure hope your adoption journey continues to be smooth and ends up being short!
Cant wait for some time off and especially with you! We deserve it too! You know, they say we Americans work more than anyone and take less vacation than anyone...Some time off is good for your health reportedly!
sounds like you really could meet or exceed your goal of Christmas!!!
Congratulations on MOVING closer! Christmas is really not far away....I saw decorations in a drugstore yesterday!
Have a wonderful time on your trip... you both deserve some relaxation~
♥,Lilly
Good news that the social worker hopefully has a possible solution for you guys!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend!
Yay! Progress is good. You're pretty ambitious, I bet you can be on the list by Christmas as an early present. :)
Yay! It sounds like you are moving in the right direction!
Good luck with the social worker visit tomorrow. I'm sure it will go great!
Lisa
I think you can beat the Christmas deadline for sure!
Liam
Good news on the adoption front! Woo Hoo!
(And I feel like such an idiot for my post on the raffle earlier in the week... Had I paid attention, I would have seen the 2 for 1!)
Where there's a will, there's a way.. or at least one would hope so. It is great to see how you are moving forward. Looking forward to hearing more about that trip. You need your you and he time as part of this process.
so exciting to be moving closer to bringing your baby home!
Great news! I hope all goes well tmw!
Even though you're saving for the adoption you still need your vacation time. That's something a lot of waiting adoptive parents feel very guilty about but don't. We took a mini vacation in the middle of our wait and it was the best way to recharge for the rest of the wait.
Glad your SW thinks the job thing won't be a problem. You're moving very quickly. I'm sure you'll reach your goal of being 'Paper Pregnant' by Christmas.
Post a Comment