Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Weekly Post of Bullets

At least once a week, I have too many thoughts running through my head to attempt to compose one coherent post. . . hence the bullets.

1. Our Dossier paperwork is going fairly well! Each day, I feel like I check one more thing off the list.

2. Sometimes, it feels like things can't go entirely smoothly. All of our Dossier paperwork must be notarized, and our agency told us to try to get a notary with a date of expiration as far out as possible. Well, I'm hearing from MN notaries, that all of their commissions expire January 31st, 2010. That is cutting it close! That means that the government where we are adopting from must review AND approve our Dossier by that date, or we'll have to resubmit documents. Too close for comfort!

4. T and I started an online, mandatory adoption class yesterday. When adopting internationally, it is required that parents have a minimum of 10 hours of adoption education. I've really enjoyed the onine class so far. I've learned SO much about what to expect, and part of the class is also listening to other people talk about their adoption experiences. The class is also trying to prepare us for the rollercoaster that is adoption.

5. I thought it was great that so many people suggested Ireland in yesterday's post as a place I should visit. Because guess what? That is where T and I are going next week! Can't wait. I booked these tickets so long ago, and so much has changed since then, that it feels like that was a different lifetime ago.

And finally. . . check back tomorrow for the latest and greatest raffle! I promise it's a good one!
:-D

11 comments:

Jenny said...

i wonder if i should pay attention to our notary's exp. date... hmmm... we don't have a dossier for korea, but we do have a program packet.

have FUN in ireland!!! exciting!!

Leah said...

Leah, this is a blog that I happened upon. http://bringingsamuelhome.blogspot.com/

It is an international adoption blog and I love it! Good idea on the notary expiration date! I am loving your blog! Best of luck that all goes smoothly!

Leah

The Busters said...

IRELAND!! That is so exciting! You'll have to take tons of photos to post on the blog. Blogworld will miss you while you are gone! :)

George said...

Great suggestion about the notary exp date - I wouldn't have even thought of that. Luckily we have a friend who's a notary and she will be notarizing everythign for us (her commission expires on May 2011).

Deanna said...

I hope you love Ireland as much as we did. Our tour guide always said Holy Doodle for everything - we still say it today when words excape us lol.

Hillary said...

The notary expiration date sounds like quite a hassle!! :(

How exciting -- IRELAND!

Jen said...

How Cool that you're going to Ireland! How neat!! Can't wait for the raffle tomorrow!! :) I'll be advertising it on both my blogs!!

Unknown said...

Best to you on your journey! We have 6 adopted angels!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

The online adoption classes sound like a really great & neat thing! And I have to say I am amazed (and jealous!) at how well traveled you are...have fun in Ireland! :) What a perfect time for a getaway!

Grandma Su said...

Watching you yesterday with your niece made me realize again what a great mom you are going to be.

Jen said...

I am commenting here so I don't mess up your raffle, but I have something for you over on my blog!