Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The End of Summer

Summer in MN doesn't follow the calendar year. Instead, summer pretty much begins Memorial Day Weekend and ends after Labor Day Weekend. It's a much too short period of time, and it always goes too quickly. Although I love this home state of mine, I could do without the weather. My perfect climate would be 85 and sunny at all times. I don't like fall, I dislike winter even more, and I guess spring is okay. . . but only because it means summer is just over the horizon.

I had a wonderful summer, however short it was. Here are some highlights of my summer of 2009.

My baby brother graduated from college, and I couldn't be prouder of him and all of his accomplishments. He's really grown into an amazing young man.

Memorial Weekend! Nothing beats spending a weekend at the cabin with family to celebrate the unofficial start of summer. Best sunsets I've ever seen. . . and I've seen a lot of sunsets.


A wedding of a friend. I LOVE weddings. I love watching people make a commitment to one another, and I love that it brings friends together. The friend in the picture with me is on our adoption references.


Planting our garden. This is one of my favorite things to do with Taher. He always pics the greatest flowers.

Lazy evenings spent in the backyard with my little family. I sit and talk, and Taher grills, while our cat Sucar basks in the sun. Perfect summer evenings. :-D



Days hanging out in our city. We love to attend festivals, take pictures, people watch, and just hang out.



More weddings! If you didn't notice, I wore the same dress to 3 separate weddings. Shhh. . . What can I say. . . I loved the dress, and all the weddings were very different groups of people, so I thought I could get away with it. (And I could have if I didn't publicly out myself here)


My sister got married, and it was beautiful and perfect.


Last day at the dome because our hometown baseball team will be playing in a brand new, outdoor stadium next year! :-D



And of course just days spending time with loved ones. Nothing can beat days like that.




The summer came to a close with a perfect weekend spent at my favorite place in the world, our cabin. The weather was perfect, it was wonderful spending time with family, and of course I saw the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen.



The summer of 2009 will also be remembered as the summer Taher and I began the adoption process. That definitely puts a smile on my face. :-D









9 comments:

Jenny said...

what a great summer!!! i've worn the same dress to multiple weddings as well! hey, if it's a different crowd, why not?!

Kimberly Wright said...

You looked like you had a fantastic summer! I am looking forward tho to cooler weather down here in the south tho.

Chelle said...

What a fantastic summer!

You should come here and enjoy summer for a couple more months. It is supposed to be 97 today. Fall is a month or so away still. It was 80 degrees on Christmas and New Years day last year. I LOVE the fall and can't wait for things to cool off and the leaves to start changing colors.

P.S. Your vase is done! I will send you an email with pics this week.

roy/elisabeth dean said...

WoW!! You pack a LOT into 3 months! I'm tired after reading it!!!
Our summer in Bama started in March. My daughter will still be diving in the swimming in October. Suits me just fine, I'm solar powered.
You should work in wearing that dress another time or two. It's beautiful and you look beautiful in it!
What a pretty kitty~
Have a wonderful day,
♥,Lilly

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Looks like you had a great summer!:) Its kinda sad to me to see summer come and go so fast:(

Unknown said...

Now THAT is what I call a summer spent.......terrific!

Michele said...

What great picture! Wow, you are a busy girl! I got tired just reading about it! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great summer! :)
Kelsie

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Great pictures! Looks like so much fun! :) You and your sister look SO much alike!!