On Thursday, Taher and I had a meeting with our Social Worker, MP, where we were able to read the homestudy report she wrote about us. It's weird reading someone else's perspective of your lives.
The report was about 10 pages, and spoke about our lives together, our marriage, our finances, our home, and things of that nature. Nothing MP wrote caught us off guard. It was all really positive things.
After reading the report and making a few grammatical corrections, we talked to MP about what the next steps are. Once she makes corrections to the report, she will then mail the report of to CIS. (Citizenship and Immigration Services. . . aka Homeland Security) They then will approve our homestudy and I600A. MP warned me that right now it's taking 1-2 months. That is actually less than CIS told me. CIS warned me that this could take 3 months.
After our meeting with MP, we went home and I checked my email. I had an email from our contact at our referring agency letting me know that she received our adoption agreement and that our Dossier paperwork is in the mail, and that we should receive it no later than Wednesday. This was GREAT news! The Dossier is really the final step before being on the official waitlist. It is a bunch of paperwork that needs to be certified and notarized that will be sent to our country of choice, and then translated into that language. It feels great to be able to start on that list.
All in all, it was a GREAT adoption week!!! I feel like progress was really made. The homestudy is nearly complete and we are finally working on the Dossier!!! :-D
In unrelated adoption news, this weekend I had the opportunity to go see our President speak live. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what you feel politically, seeing the President speak in person is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and one I surely wasn't going to miss. 17,000 other people had the same idea, but I was SO glad I went. It felt great to be a part of something. Throughout President Obama's speech, I kept thinking, someday I'l be able to tell the monkey that I was at Obama's speech. That makes me proud. :-D



15 comments:
you guys are moving along!!! good job!
Great news on the adoption front! All of this will be behind you before you know it. You're really smoking through all this stuff.
That is really neat you got to see the President. :)
Ha! I think I am only patient this time because it is our second adoption. The first time around I was a basket case. ;-)
What country are you going through? Email me when you have a chance. It's on my profile...
Andi
Congrats on all the progress! How exciting!
Jenn @ buildlingmommymuscles.blogspot.com
I couldn't wait to get our dossier packet in the mail and get started on all the documents that go into the dossier. Congrats on this important milestone.
You guys have been so productive! It is such a satisfying feeling! Very cool you got to see Obama!
Wow things are flowing along!! How exciting! Your little monkey will be home before your know it. :)
Awesome that you saw the president in real life. I've only ever seen El Capitan on TV!
Even awesomer (not a word, I know but who cares) that your adoption stuff is getting done! Yay!!
That's so cool that you got to hear the president speak in person.
Getting excited for you to reach this final paperwork step. You are really moving right through all this stuff.
Another step closer....
Great news on the adoption front!
I met Ronald Reagan and George Bush (not W) in person. I even got to ride in Reagan's motorcade at an event here in Missouri! I was in the last car and we almost got left behind, lol.
Deanna,
That is so cool that you got to see President Reagan and Bush. . . AND be in the motercade. :-D
Very cool! :-D
It seems to me that you are making so much progress!! YAY!
Such great news on the adoption front! I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment