Monday, March 29, 2010

Back to Blogging

I just took a 4 day break from everything electronic for the most part. (So, if you have emailed me, I promise I'll get back to you today) :)

I took Thursday and Friday off of work and had family time. My parents were visiting and it was great to see and spend time with them. It was also great to take a break from computers. I live on computers. I am on one all day for work, reading blogs, news, and things like that. As much as I enjoy it, it's really nice and refreshing to be completely out of the loop. So, I will spend the next couple of days catching up with all of my blog friends and reading the happenings in your life.

On Saturday, I received the most wonderful package from my dear blogger friend Lyndsay, who blogs at Finding Joy in the Little Things. She has a daughter who has outgrown her baby clothes, so she sent me a box full of beautiful clothing items. It was like Christmas!!! T and I went through each and every item, and "oohed" and "ahhed" over everything and pictured our child wearing these beautiful things. It was so much fun putting them away in our closet. For some reason, the more stuff we have, the more real this all seems. So much fun!!!

Lyndsay. . . I cannot thank you enough! This was so thoughtful of you, and I am just so thankful for wonderful blogger friends like you. :) I never knew what blogging would turn into when I started it, but I have met so many wonderful people and I consider you friends in real life as well. Thanks again. :)

11 comments:

Jenny said...

welcome back :-) breaks ARE nice!!! LOVE all the fun clothes you got! how sweet!

Cicero said...

What a brilliant gift that really warmed my heart! Thanks agaiN!

Lyndsay said...

Aw sweetie you're welcome!! I can't wait to see pics of your little girlie wearing Munchie's old stuff!

Anonymous said...

Aww, blogger buddies are the best aren't they? Glad you had a fun time with your parents :).

Chelle said...

Awww! That was so sweet of her. Isn't it amazing how thoughtful and giving people on the blogs are? I am amazed at the love I have been shown through comments and gifts. I LOVE that I get to return the favors.

Kelly said...

Unplugging is so helpful from time to time! I don't do it often enough.

And what fun clothes from your friend! That's so sweet of her.

Deanna said...

Sometimes breaks are so necessary! Welcome back.

And what a nice box of goodies for your lil' monkey. It truly is amazing the friendships that are struck through the world of blog.

Deanna

Andrea said...

Kindness passed along always warms my heart. How thoughtful of Lindsay to share :)

HUGS

Kala said...

Sometimes you do need a break from the computer. I must say the clothes are so cute!!

kalibug said...

Aw, happy you got a break!! And that was so incredibly sweet about the clothes.

Jewls said...

Ooo, I love hand me downs! Cute, cute!