I often think about the past two years of our life together. Everyday, I'm finding that our wait to be parents happened for different reasons. I have no doubt that our wait ended up being a blessing. I will also admit that during this two years, I often struggled to find the blessing in our wait.
But lately, I think part of the blessing is is that it gave T and I time to grow and learn, which will make us better parents in the long run. It gave us two more years as a couple. Two years that even though struggling, we enjoyed. We traveled, we laughed, we got to know each other even better as a couple.
This two year wait also allowed my older sister to have the first grandchild. A child that has blessed our family beyond measure. I'll never forget when she told me she was pregnant. My first IVF had just failed. She tried to tell me as delicately as possible. I remember feeling such joy for her, and such sadness for me. All at the same time. Now I'm convinced that part of my waiting was because my older sister was supposed to have the first child.
As I babysat my niece last Friday, we watched the Adoption Story on TLC. I told my niece all about adoption, and I told her about Khalil and the baby in my belly. My niece listened intently as I told her all about the gift of adoption, and even though she is just a little baby, she stared at me intently, and I felt like she was listening. I have no doubt that my niece will be a wonderful older cousin. She will grow up with my two little ones. What a blessing!
I couldn't have written this story better myself.
11 comments:
I believe that things happen in their own time, according to a greater plan. The time it sometimes takes for dreams to come true is often the most important time for getting us ready to live the dream.
Oh, and what a gorgeous child!
It's so refreshing to read your thoughts as you're on the other side of this and after so much pain and hurt , things are working out. I hope that I can have that sense of peace and understanding about this journey sometime soon.
I'm sure your heart melted watching your husband feed your niece. Priceless.
That is the cutest monkey I've ever seen!
How sweet! Your niece is beautiful!
I love the photo of T giving your neice a bottle! So sweet. I know I can't wait to watch Damon give our child a bottle. I think I will melt! :)
Such a sweet post. And I love, love, love that picture of T feeding your niece!
You brought tears to my eyes, Leah! Too precious. Those life lessons, while hard to learn, can't be learned any other way than the hard way. And what a glorious end to this particular lesson - with your babies, your marriage, and your beautiful niece. Very sweet.
That is such a wonderful way to look at it. Your sister is so lucky to have you as a sister. :)
Your words are wise... you're such an inspiration. I only hope that I can find so much meaning and comfort in my own journey.
You have been doublely blessed and are wise to see things in perspective. Congratulations!
You are such a special girl and that story brought tears to my eyes!
Post a Comment