Thursday, March 18, 2010

Things that I can't help but smile at

Look at this!!! It's a dishwasher! Okay, that may seem like a small feat to some, but I've never had one. Ever. T and I have done fine without one the 5 years we've lived in our house. We didn't even have a garbage disposal as the people who lived here before us used a compost. So, today while I was at work, we had a dishwasher and a disposal installed! This is what I came home to! YAY! T and I are doing a load right now. I'm happy and grateful for the convenience this will give us. For the two of us, we have been fine without, but we're going to be a family of 4 pretty soon, and I know we'll appreciate the convenience this handy little unit will provide us.
This would be my cat Sucar talking to me from the baby girl's crib. Sucar loves the crib, and I can usually find her hanging out in it. I think she realizes something big is about to happen. I just hope she quits jumping in the crib when the baby is born.
Our lovely curtains, with the sun peaking through! I love how they turned out, they look great open too, but for now we have them closed. I think they are perfect for the little girl room we have created. :-)
Look at that??? Windows open! In March! That may seem like a give in for some, but not for us Minnesotans. In fact, I wouldn't be totally surprised if we had a snow storm next week. But for now, it's mid 60's (heat wave I tell ya!), the snow has melted, and our windows are open. Yay for fresh air after a LONG and COLD winter.
Look! That's me! In front of my house! But the biggest thing. . . I have no coat on . In March! In Minnesota! Also no small feat.
Happy Thursday to you all! And may you all have many things to make you smile today.


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta love when nature gives us a taste of beautiful spring weather!! it was almost 70 here in washington dc yesterday, the birds were singing and dancing about looking for mates... sooo beautiful!

Jenny said...

LOVE that you have a dishwasher now!!! that's definitely something to have w/a new baby!!! yay!

Erin said...

I have been having a time trying to keep my cat out of the babies things. I find that if I set things up and leave it she will eventually lose interest. I haven't put the mattress in the crib yet so she won't go in there.

birthmothertalks said...

I loved it when we bought our house and it had a dishwasher. My cat always like the crib and she jumped in and landed on the baby's face. He had a scratch above his eye and after that she never went near it again. We were so upset that we were going to get rid of her, but we couldn't find a home and she is still with me today almost 16 years later. So, kitties and kids can work.

Brittany Ann said...

I know what you mean...I just got a dish washer this year...and honestly, I don't know if I can ever go back!

Trinity said...

Congrats on the new dishwasher and disposal. :) We just replaced our delapidated appliances in our kitchen (our former ones conveyed with the house, and were decrepit, energy-suckers) and I said to my husband, "We MUST be getting old when we get excited about new kitchen appliances!" We survived without a dishwasher for a long time too, but now I don't know how we ever did that. ;)

P.S. The little lady's room is suuuper cute!

Chelle said...

I have never not had a dishwasher and disposal. I didn't know people could still do that these days. :p Hooray for your new purchase! That's awesome.

Hopefully when I come on the 9th I can bring you some warm Texas weather and sunshine. :D

Joy said...

We were in our house about 4 years before having a dishwasher, and what a life-changing thing that has been. Seriously. Dishes were always accumulating, and washing them always cut into any evening relaxation time we had...enjoy it! And here in Ontario, Canada, we have also enjoyed a taste of spring the past week or so. We occasionally have lovely warm days in March, but sure can't expect it. And I imagine there will be another snowfall or two! Fun, though, to see green things starting to make their appearance outside :)

Cicero said...

I love you monkey.

Anonymous said...

Lots to smile about, that's for sure. Once you have a dishwasher, you'll never be able to figure out how you did without it. And we have beautiful weather where I live yesterday and, after the horrendous snowy winter we had, it sure was a welcome change. Keep smiling :)

Kelly said...

Woohoo for the dishwasher! What a treat for you after not having one. Love the wall color and curtains in baby girl's room, too.

Anonymous said...

The baby girl's curtains are beautiful, and I love the green paint! You are doing a great job! That was also an adorable picture of the cat in the crib! I really enjoy your blog and am so happy for you!
Heather

Watcher said...

Two of our cats sleep in the crib cuddled up with my little brother (and allow them selves to be beat up and carried around the house by him too).

If it bothers you though try putting tinfoil on the matteress for now, or failing that, a ScatMat might do the trick.

Jewls said...

I LOVE the green in your baby girls room,it is SO cute! I wish we could paint, but we're still renting...pooh!

Nice dishwasher...we don't really use ours, but I'm sure kids will change all that!!

Rachel said...

Having a dishwasher is the BEST! So glad you were able to get one. I couldn't believe how many more dishes we had once Matthew arrived :)

Michele said...

It's gorgeous here in PA too! I've had the kids out for walks twice a day and we've been to the park several times. And now, my windows are open! Love it!!

Amy said...

You will LOVE the dishwasher and probably wonder how you ever did without it!

I'm so glad spring has arrived in NC, too! It's about time!

Andrea said...

That miracle of a dishwasher is going to come in quite handy for the wee ones dishes and bottles :) Sterile everything!

Yea! What a fabulous day! Enjoy, as I am writing to you from my sunny porch in TN.

HUGS
ps you are simply the cutest!

Hillary said...

Aw I'm smiling with you! :) Congrats on the dishwasher - you are going to love it!

twondra said...

I hear ya about the weather! Hasn't it been so beautiful?? :) I heard it's supposed to really cool off now, though. :(

Yay for the dishwasher!!!

A said...

I think you are looking great, and I loved reading about these things that make you smile! :) be blessed today!