Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Weekly Pregnancy Post - 23 Weeks

How far along: 23 weeks
Gender: Girl!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Something moving in my tummy. A bigger body. Weighing more than I've ever weighed my entire life.
Maternity Clothes: Definitely. And I even found some pretty cute ones. I can't wait for spring though as my options will become more plentiful.
Movement: More and more movement this week.
Best Moment of the Week: Definitely the kicks that are becoming more frequent. It makes it all so real! I'm starting to actually believe that I'm pregnant and that this isn't some sick joke.
Food Cravings: Spicy Chicken Basil Noodles. (My favorite Thai Dish) Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.
What I miss: A glass of wine. Being able to put things in my mouth such as food and medications and not have to read labels to see if there is a pregnant woman warning on it.
What I'm looking forward to: My monthly OB appointment on Thursday. I love my appointments! I love leaving knowing that at that exact minute, everything appears to be okay. The reassurance it gives me is priceless.
Weekly Wisdom: It's really okay for me to be excited about my pregnancy. I can be excited for myself and at the same time, sad for those women who are struggling with trying to get pregnant themselves. The same way I was able to be excited for my friends who got pregnant, while being sad for myself at the same time. Both emotions are okay. I no longer need to carry the guilt of being pregnant around with me. But I will never stop hoping and praying for all of those beautiful women out there struggling with this. I want you to know if you're reading this, that I think and pray for you all daily, and will continue to do so.

12 comments:

Jenny said...

i always thought spring maternity clothes were the cutest! glad you're ENJOYING your pregnancy! you should! you're right! you can still feel for others who can't get pg, but so glad you're thankful and loving your pregnancy!!!

Andrea said...

Hey Cutie!

Sweet friend, don't feel sad for us, as we are so happy for you :) We will have our turn, I'm FAITHFUL. Live in this moment and soak it up, as you've waited so long and been such a rock for so many.

Do you know how cute you are???

Sending you love!
xo

Kala said...

I love to see that growing belly! I'm so happy for you!

AL said...

Congrats on 23 weeks! I'm glad you're able to feel excited about your pregnancy and at the same time remember what you went through and what some of your friends are still going through.

Cicero said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! I love that dress. Isn't the movement so much fun?!? It really does make it all feel real. And I miss wine, too :)

Raising Davis Darlings said...

You look beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Great picture! Have fun at your appointment tomorrow :).

Paula Keller said...

I have an appointment tomorrow too!

I'm soooo tired of my winter maternity stuff! I miss the variety of clothes that I normally wear, and it's frustrating to be at the end of a season and needing clothes. Too cold for short sleeves, but that's the only thing in the store.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your pregnancy journey. :) Glad you are enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for continuing to pray for those of us who struggle! As a distant reader, I've just loved reading your blog and reading your story. I wish you and Taher and your new little family all the very best!!

Chelle said...

I love these posts. They make me so happy for you and T. You went through a lot to get here and you absolutely deserve to bask in it and enjoy it to the fullest.

I left you a very well deserved award on my blog.

*hugs*