I will be leaving for Ethiopia on October 8th. I won't believe that 100% until I'm on the plane over the Atlantic. My adoption agency does tell me that it would be extremely rare for that to change again, so I am really banking on this working out, and my Mom and I being on a plane on that date.
I feel better just knowing. The weekend was brutally stressful, as was yesterday morning, and I think it was just the uncertainty of the situation. In 17 short days, I will be leaving for Ethiopia. I can handle that.
I feel so blessed to have what I have. I feel blessed to have T to go through this with. I feel blessed to get to come home from work everyday and see TT, and I feel blessed to have Nur. Even though I would love to be leaving for Ethiopia in 3 days, I don't want to waste the next 2 weeks being sad about it. I want to be present in all that I do, and not waste a minute of the goodness that has been bestowed on me. Waiting is difficult, but I don't want to live my life in so much anticipation for the next thing, that I forget to enjoy today.
And here are words I love by author Shauna Niequist:
"I have always, essentially, been waiting. Waiting to become something else, waiting to be that person I always thought I was on the verge of becoming, waiting for that life I thought I would have. In my head, I was always one step away... I love movies about "The Big Moment"- the game or the performance of the wedding day or the record deal, the stories that split time with that key event, and everything is reframed, before it and after it, because it has changed everything. I have always wanted this movie-worthy event, something that with change everything and grab me out of this waiting game into the whirlwind in front of me. I cry and cry at these movies, because I am still waiting for my own big moment. I had visions of life as an adventure, a thing to be celebrated and experienced, but all I was doing was going to work and coming home, and that wasn't what it looked like in the movies. John Lennon once said, 'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.' For me, life is what was happening while I was busy waiting for my big moment... Today is your big moment. Moments, really. The life you've been waiting for is happening all around you...You and your family and your friends and your house and your dinner table and your garage all have the makings of a life of epic proportions, a story for the ages..." *
16 comments:
at least now you know! hoping these 17 days aren't too brutal! thanks for sharing those words from Niequist! So good and so true!
I am glad that you finally have an answer. You are so close now! I love your perspective and I hope time flies by for you!
That is an awesome quote... I think I have to print that one it for future reference!
Wishing you a peaceful wait!
HUgs and many prayers...
Thank goodness for a date!
So happy that you have some clarity. And I adore all of those quotes...
"Life IS happening all around us"
Many HUGS, as I know these next few days will pass quickly. You will be packed and off before you know it.
xxx
That is a GREAT quote from Shauna! I used that quote in a post I wrote for my blog and in an article for our agency. It just so truly captures this season. Thinking of you today.
Yay! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to hear the story and see pics of your little guy!
I'm so glad that you have an answer now. The waiting and the confusion must have been so stressful and upsetting for you. Keep your chin up and hang in there!
Leah~
I found your blog thru a friends blog and have been reading all summer. I have wanted to comment before, but never have. I think you are AMAZING! You always stay so positive and you can tell that your love for both your children is so real and deep. I hope everything works out and you don't have to face any more issues on your journy to meet and bring home Khalil. Good luck! I'll be thinking about you!
Life is all about living in the moment and making the most of each second. While I am sorry to hear your court date was bumped, I am happy to hear you are accepting it with such grace. You will still be on that plane before you know it.
So glad for an answer and know that God has His hand in every aspect of this!! Lifting all of you, your sweet mama included, in prayer!!!
Wow, Leah, I'm just catching up on the roller coaster of the last few days! I'm so sorry for the delays and confusion. :( Thankful you have so many blessings to count, and you will have Khalil in your arms very soon!
I know it's a relief to finally have some amount of direction/expectation for your trip! This has been a total rollercoaster for you guys, but, as usual, you've ridden it with admirable grace, Leah. ;) What I'm loving? That in just mere weeks your family of 4 will be united! So, so excited and hopeful and joyful for you guys...
Hang in there, girl! :)
Glad you finally have the date finallized! Sorry for the frustration you've had to endure these past several days. Can't wait to see the pics when you get back!
Glad to hear you have the date finallized. Sorry for the frustration you had to endure these past several days!! Before you know it you'll be back from ET and uploading pics for us to enjoy! :-) Loved the quote as well.
Post a Comment