Sunday, September 19, 2010

Update

Wow! All of this updating on weekends! So rare for me. But. . . there is a lot going on, so here I go.

I've been in constant thought this weekend. Waiting to hear from my adoption agency Monday morning. Playing out every scenario in my head. Wanting to bring Khalil home, but wondering if it would be best to just wait two additional weeks.

Here's the thing? Nur needs to come home. And to me. . . two weeks seems like forever.

I talked to my Mom this morning, and she is supportive no matter what I decide. She asked what I would do if it was TT in Ethiopia waiting to come home? No brainer! I would be on the first flight there.

So, that's my decision.

If our adoption agency tells me that the original date has been reinstated, I will be on the phone with Delta switching my ticket back. I already called them today and they confirmed that there are still tickets available. (Two of them are probably mine and my Mom's that we changed!) The Delta employee said that perhaps a supervisor would have compassion on my situation and waive the additional cost of changing my flights. . . AGAIN. Does anyone know anyone at Delta? I am pleading with you. . . if you do. . . please help me out.

Of course. . . all of this thought could be meaningless. The adoption agency could call me tomorrow and say that yes, in fact, October 14th will be the embassy date. Than all this going back and forth will be meaningless.

But. . . if my agency comes and says that I can leave Friday. . . I will do everything in my power to make that happen.

All of this embassy confusion has left us with quite a bit more in expenses than we anticipated, and I thank those who have contributed. I cannot even tell you how grateful T and I are for your help on this journey. If you have it in your hearts (and pocketbook, ha!) to give us $5.00 or $10.00 via the secure Paypal account we have displayed on the top left-hand side of this blog, we would be so grateful. We are on the homestretch, and just want to get our son home.

I wish I could properly convey how much it means to me to have people donate. I put it out there, but everytime someone does, it is so unexpected and so appreciated. I am for the most part, a total stranger to many who read this blog, yet you go out of your way to help me and my family out. I am FOREVER grateful.

8 comments:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Wow, what a roller coaster ride! Praying for you my friend...I can only imagine how overwhelming this all is. Hang in there...it will be over soon! :)

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

I just can't wait for you to hold your baby boy and put all this in the past! Everything will work out!!

Anonymous said...

Soooo close! I'm sure the thought of seeing and holding your little boy for the first time is keeping you going - hang in there!

Denise said...

Leah I am having trouble with paypal. I changed my password and I still cannot seem to get it to work. I tried 3 times, checked online banking and it didn't come out. Will try again tomorrow. My prayers have been and will continue to be with you.

Denise

Denise said...

Me again, I finally got it go to through.

Chelle said...

I donated. It wasn't as much as I would like to have given, but I hope it helps to bring your baby boy home. I am praying that you get to fly out on Friday. Kahlil needs to come home now!

Good luck tomorrow. I am thinking of and praying for you!

Jenny said...

Can't wait to hear what your agency says!!!! Either way you're SO close. Khalil will be home SOON!

Buckles Family said...

We're anxiously waiting to hear if you will get to meet your baby boy this week. I'll keep checking back. I'm praying hard!!