Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Progression of TT

Today, Scarlett is 12 weeks old! She won't be "officially" 3 months old until next week. July had 5 weeks in it.

It's so hard to believe how much TT has changed.

I'll never forget the first time I saw TT. I had taken a pregnancy test a few days prior, and to my complete surprise, it was positive. I then had a blood test that confirmed my pregnancy. It was then time to do an ultrasound to try to estimate how far along I was, as I had no idea at all. I went to the appointment alone, and I was terrified. The nurse started the ultrasound, and saw the sac immediately. She then declared that it must be too early to see the heartbeat. Right after the nurse said that, both the nurse and I started seeing the little flicker of the heart. My baby had a heartbeat. I cried tears of happiness and relief. I was declared almost 6 weeks pregnant.

At 12 weeks, two days before Christmas, I got to see TT again. This time, she looked like a baby. A REAL baby. Granted, it was a disproportionate baby, but a baby, nonetheless. T and I watched our baby move like crazy on a big screen TV. The ultrasound tech verified that I was in fact carrying a very healthy baby. And the tech said although it's way too early to know the gender, she was guessing it was a girl.At about 20 weeks, we were able to see TT again. She REALLY looked like a baby now. We got to watch her roll around, suck her thumb and her toes. And it was confirmed. . . we were definitely having a girl! I was so happy. Although I truly just wanted a healthy baby, I have always wanted a daughter.

The last time we saw TT while she was in my belly was when I was about 26 weeks pregnant. I decided to surprise T and have a 3d ultrasound done. Let's be honest. . . it was a great surprise for me too! I got to see my baby girl. . . again. :) It was hard to tell what she would look like, but one thing was for sure. . . this girl was going to have big eyes and big lips.

And then July 6th came. And I got to meet the baby who I had been carrying. Who had been kicking me like crazy. Who would poke me back after I woke poke her. Who liked to keep me up all night moving around in my belly. I FINALLY got to meet her.
And now TT is 12 weeks old, and I truly can't remember life without her. She's a great baby. She smiles, laughs, and loves imitating facial expressions. She loves peace and quiet, and gets fussy when overstimulated. She loves going shopping with her Mama at Targ.et. (Okay, I may have made that up, but she has been to Tar.get about 1,000 times since her birth) She greets me every morning with the biggest smile when I poke my head into her bassinet. Her favorite place to hang out in the entire house is her changing table. . . right in front of a window. And because we can't leave a baby unattended on a changing table, T and I spend quite a bit of time there also. She loves when I sing to her, and she is even starting to recognize certain songs that I sing to her daily. She loves "talking" and is constantly making noises. She has her fake cry down, which means she wants to be held and to receive more attention. She loves the outdoors, but she isn't so sure about wind. She absolutely loves her pacifier, and won't go to sleep without it. She drinks about 4oz of milk every 2.5 hours. She is wearing 0-3 month clothes, and the 3 month clothes are still a bit baggy on her. She isn't too fond of carrides. Major bummer there. And I have no doubt that she is excited to meet this brother character we keep talking to her about. Happy 12 weeks baby girl!

12 comments:

Jenny said...

what a fun post! and what a happy smile in that last picture! such a doll!!!

Lyndsay said...

So sweet!! When Munchie was that age and a bit older (about 6 months) her favorite spot was the changing table too. She would lie there and kick and punch and squack. And yes, like you and T, Hubs and I would just stand there and watch her and smile.

(The wind! I forgot about that! Munchie didn't like the wind either!)

The Busters said...

HAPPY 12 WEEKS, Scarlett!!! Love that smile, it's contagious because I am now smiling!! :)

RELH said...

look at that smile!

Raising Davis Darlings said...

She is beautiful and amazing. I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

That smiling picture at the end is priceless!

When my 2 pumpkin pies smile like that and giggle with joyfulness, I forget just how completely exhausted I am. There is nothing in the world (in my opinion) that is more perfect than a babies smile. It warms every inch of our bodies.

Anonymous said...

boy I love that little baby girl. She is so beautiful!

Andrea said...

Warms my heart! She looks just like her last scan, amazing!

I'm so happy that you are so in love with this little girl...you deserve the world Leah :)

Many HUGS

Chelle said...

It is amazing how fast time goes. It seems like it speeds up once we have children in our lives too. It seems like only yesterday my daughter was born, and she is 19 months old now!

Scarlett is such a pretty little baby girl. She is so loved, and you can tell.

Michele said...

Happy 12 weeks! She's gorgeous!

BrandiB said...

What a beautiful baby girl!

AL said...

aww, this post made me tear up. Such a great story and a beautiful baby girl :-)