Yesterday we received an update from our adoption agency on Khalil. It was so wonderful to get an update on him! I wasn't expecting it because I leave a week from tomorrow to go meet him and bring him home. It was such a great update though.
T and I had a good laugh! As soon as we received the update, T called me at work laughing. They LOVE putting Khalil in pink clothes, and yesterday was no exception. He was wearing pink overalls, with a black and red shirt on underneath. Seriously. . . it was too funny.
He is doing great though. He weighs almost 16 pounds, and is now starting to eat baby food instead of just formula. Yay!!! He's also starting to sit up with little help, which is definitely an improvement from when T was in Ethiopia to meet him.
Now I'm starting to think about what to pack for Khalil. I've decided to bring size 3 diapers, even though technically by Khalil's weight he is in size 2. But I figure better bigger and I can cinch them tighter if need be. I also need to bring bottles, clothes for Khalil, bibs, burb clothes. . . I'm also bringing a blanket that our wonderful family friend M made for Khalil. She also made one for Scarlett. It was so thoughtful, and I'm so excited to bring Khalil a little bit of love and comfort from my hometown. :) I'm also bringing some entertainment stuff for him for the plane. A rattle, a couple toys and books.
I hope I'm bringing enough for him. Any other suggestions? And do I need to bring baby food with me or buy that there? I'm planning on buying the formula there. So much to think about!
6 comments:
Very cute picturing the pink overalls with black/red t-shirt! I have heard from various families that pink is considered a good colour for boys (at least baby boys) in Ethipia - forgetting at the moment what it represents, but there is a meaning behind it. Maybe you'll like him in pink so much that he will get to wear it a bit in future, too... :)
Yay for the update! What a nice surprise. I think you saw Emily's great post on packing - sounds like fantastic advice to me!
Are you sure you can buy formula there? We had to take formula for Mo and anything and everything else you may or may not need for a baby. I would make sure it can be bought because that is often hard to come by. I also took bottles with liners so I didn't have to worry about sterilizing or washing them in the water and bought Medina wipes for the nipples. If he is on food I would take Gerber puffs especially for the plane right...great snack!
Definitely bring size 3 - the weight ranges for diapers are always wrong. ;) And you're right - you can easily pull them tight if they're only one size too big.
So excited for you to finally meet your son! What an exciting time. Can't wait to see pictures of your kids together!!!
so glad you got an update! especially w/your news that you have to wait 2 more weeks :( hopefully this will help a little while you wait, again.
you can buy the formula there, but I prefered to bring it. It's not really much cheaper and I wanted soy based formula to help clear up the nasty-orphanage-contaminated water-lactose-sensitivity poop. a lot of kiddos are sensitive to dairy, even though they've all been on dairy based formula, and switching to soy off the bat might help with the blow out diapers...
def bring the little puffs, and freeze dried fruit. it melts in his mouth, he will be in heaven!
Post a Comment