T and I have had so many people help us along the way. And we truly wouldn't be weeks from getting Nur home without the help of so many. I wasn't sure if I wanted to write all the thanks out, for fear that someone might get forgotten. And I apologize ahead of time if that happens, but I tried to capture my complete gratitude for everyone who has helped us along the way.
My parents. They helped us as they could financially and my Mom dropped everything to come with me to Ethiopia to meet Nur and bring him home. They also offered so much emotional support, and were only a phone call away when I needed and wanted to talk about the adoption process and my love for Nur.
My sister who threw T and I a beautiful shower, and was the biggest emotional support to me during this entire process. She was always willing to let me bounce things off of her, and she provided a beautiful letter of reference to our adoption agency.
All of the references T and I used for our adoption. M, K, S, S, S. The letters were beautiful and thoughtful, and showed me that you really trust that we'll be good parents. :)
My aunt J who made necklaces and sold them to help us raise money.
Everyone who donated items to our garage sale to help us fundraise to bring Nur home. So many people donated items, stopped by the sale, and provided emotional support.
My friend S. . . who was also in my Kindergarten class MANY years ago. (Just proves that old friends are the best) :) When she heard about the need to change my airfare, she emailed me immediately and donated the ENTIRE cost to change my ticket. Unbelievably thoughtful.
My aunt S who mailed T and I a check to help cover costs. Thank you so much for that. It meant the world to us, and helped us so very much.
All of my blog friends who followed this journey with me from the very beginning. The prayers said on my behalf, the money donated through paypal. Your constant positive thoughts and energy. For taking the time to click on my blog daily to get updated on the latest. Thank you all so much!
Friends, such as A, A, M, and so many others who sent beautiful gifts and cards. . . when I least expected it. Just letting me know you're thinking of me, sending clothes for Nur and TT, and just being a huge help.
My blog friend L who sent beautiful girl clothes for TT when I was pregnant. Wow! :)
My blog friend M who sent both Nur and TT the most adorable onesies.
My blog friend and real life friend M, who came into town for a Dr's appointment and ended up treating me to dinner. Also to M who made a beautiful handmade vase to auction off on my blog and raise money.
To everyone else who donated items, many handmade to raffle off on my blog. I couldn't have raised the money without you guys.
To J who offered to makeover my blog for free.
To those that bid on items on my blog. . . even if maybe you didn't want it. Thank you. :)
To my Mom's good hometown friend who made Nur and TT blankets.
To all the people that came to my showers and literally showered me with gifts. So thoughtful, and all of the stuff was so needed.
To all of my friends and relatives, as well as my parent's friends who constantly asked about me and Nur and kept my family in their thoughts.
To my aunt D, and my cousin A. D made TT a beautiful handmade blanket, and made both TT and Nur these beautiful plates with their names. Cousin A donated a bunch of beautiful boy clothes, as well as donated to the airplane cost. They also threw me a shower!
To my aunt H who also threw a shower and sent me the gift of money after Scarlett was born.
My aunt M, who sent me beautiful outfits for the kiddos as well as money.
To those that emailed me to tell me they were touched by my story.
To those that have adopted before me for always being available to answer my many many questions.
The list seriously goes on and on, and I tried to capture everyone, but I am sure I missed calling someone out by name. I just want you all to know that I am so grateful that you are on this journey with our family.
And TT thanks you too! She can't wait to get her big brother home! :)

5 comments:
you are so right, I didn't meet many people who didn't have a ton of support, and adoption and the cost of delivering???? my child would have had to have been in the ICU etc to have cost that much. I realize Guatemala was alot more expensive then Ethiopia but still, adoption even with the right off is really expensive. Glad you have ahd so many people with you along the way.
Awww... you're so welcome. I only wish there was more I could do.
Leah,
My heart swells reading of all the many people who have reached out to help you and T bring home your beautiful son. How wonderful!
I suppose the "gift" from your childhood friend touched me the most. How incredibly generous. That is a true friend in every sense of the word.
Much Love and more prayers. These days will pass sweet friend and you will be boarding that plane in no time. And I can't wait to see Khalil's sweet little face :)
xxx
ps thank you for the support that you continue to give me. It's appreciated beyond words.
What a wonderful list of folks that have poured out their hearts to make a difference! You should make a copy of this blog for Khalil's book to show him just how many people were loving and supporting him before he was even here.
Awww! You made my eyes well up!
I have been so happy and honored to be on this journey with you. I am so glad that I have been a prt of it since the near beginiing, and am over the moon that I got to meet you in person.
I am constantly thinking of you and praying for all four of you.
Thank you for letting me be a part of such a life-changing journey.
*HUGE hugs*
Post a Comment