This week marks 5 months on the waitlist! I can't believe it, but that's what my ticker on the bottom of this blog says, so it must be correct!
Our agency quoted the average wait time once you're on that waitlist to the time of a referral to be 4-6 months. We are right in the middle of that. Not only that, but I follow blogs from other adoptive parents from my same agency who are looking to adopt a baby boy. One blog I follow (where the woman also happens to be pregnant) received their referral for a baby boy after 5 and a half months. That means Taher and I are potentially only 2 weeks away from a referral. OH MY GOSH!!!
The excitement I'm feeling is so hard to articulate. The emotions around adoption can be so up and down. When we were filling out paperwork for months, adoption was always on the forefront. Then in November, we made it to the coveted waitlist, and action around adoption just stops. There are no more papers to fill out, no more classes to attend. All there is to do is wait. And wait. And then wait some more.
Sometimes, my mind (and body for that matter!) become exhausted thinking of all we have going on in our lives. Sometimes I wish life wasn't quite so hectic. I don't do well with hectic. I like a peaceful life, and nothing about life is feeling peaceful at the moment. But then I realize I wouldn't change a thing. The hectic things going on in my life right now are what allows time to pass somewhat quickly.
Taher and I are hoping for a May referral. May. The month after THIS month. May. Just around the corner!!!
So, I want to have a little contest here with a great prize I'll be giving away. Leave the date you think we'll get our referral. (Day and month) Whoever is closest to the actual date of our referral will win a fabulous prize. I promise, you won't be disappointed in what you receive. :) All you have to do, is leave a comment on this post with the date, and you are entered into the fabulous giveaway. :) And if people guess the same date, I will draw between the winning names at the end.
YAY FOR 5 MONTHS ON THE LIST!!!
29 comments:
CONGRATS on 5 months!! You are so close!! My guess is April 22nd!! :)
I am thinking May 1st, my birthday! :) Good luck!!!
Any day now!
AWESOME!!!! you're SOOO close! i'm going to go with 4/22...
I'm going to guess it will be May 10th. (Hopefully sooner though!!)
5 months! Wowza!
This grandma guesses May 20th!
It would be an awesome referral day because it is my birthday and I was born on my grandma's birthday (she always called me her brown eyed darling). So it would only be right that you receive the referral of your brown eyed darling on our birthday!
Wow!! Any day now... that's awesome.
My guess is April 15th. Yep - next week!
In honor of my blogoversary (and hoped-for early bfp for me that day!), I guess April 14 for your referral!
april 29th and not a day later! Take care mamacita! :-)
May 22 popped into my head, so I'll go with that.
I'm guessing May 14...I know it is longer than you expect but that is my favorite day in May :)
I say April 26th! Hope you hear something soon!
~Anne
meuslex958(at)yahoo(dot)com
Wow 5 months! I'm getting so excited to think you all might get a call any day now! I'm going to guess May 3rd because I know tons of people with that birthday...
Leah this is so exciting! DOn't forget to invite me over to watch your wee ones so you can do normal things like sleep.
I say May 8th.
Wow - 5 months already. That's great! My guess is May 15th. Did you find out if they will make an exception so that you don't have to fly to Ethiopia (especially if you are unable to fly if you are too far along with your pregnancy)? How exciting!!
Heather
So happy for you guys! My guess is May 7th
Ooh, fun! I'm going to guess April 30th, just to get in one day before May!
I am going to go with Cinco de Mayo - May 5th! I hope the wait is over soon!
I'm going to guess May 22nd - that's my hubby's birthday :).
Good luck!
I am going to go with May 4th! Good luck!
oh my - 5 months... i had no idea you have been on the list that long....Ok, as for the date, hmmmm april 19th :-)
Wow!!! I am going to say May 5Th.
I'll guess May 24th.
Leah,
So happy the referal is just around the corner :) I'm filled with JOY for you and T, pure Joy in all that is happening in your life.
My guess is going to be May 6th, as that is Christian's day and I would love to share that with Kahlil :)
On another note, I read a blog today, by shear chance when I hit Next Blog, which I NEVER do. Anyway the blog title was Journey to Kate...the couple adopted from China and the mother tells of the questions little Kate asks and how she answers them. I was in tears, as this mother is amazing. Immidiately I thought of you and know that you and T will be the same with Kahlil...amaxing parents!
May God continue to bless you sweet friend. You are a beautiful person inside and out :)
Hugs
Just because noone guessed this month, June 10th. I know you want May, but June is a perfect month for birthdays.. It means birthday parties at the pool and cook outs when they are older :) Awesome fun with kids at the ages past 5.
Girl, I know it's probably been a long wait for you and T, but HAS IT REALLY BEEN 5 MONTHS ALREADY? ;) Whoa!
You know, I just want a date that is early enough that you can fly with Taher to meet Khalil for the first time. That's what I'm hoping for the most!
Congrats onf 5 months! :)
I can't believe it's been 5 months. Congratulations!! Hmmm...I'm guessing April 24th. I hope it's sooner, though!
WOW!! My guess is May 6th - my son's 2nd birthday...I can't wait to hear :O)
Thanks all for guessing. :)
I'm going to guess May 12th! Not sure why, but that date popped in my head. I of course am hoping for sooner than that.
And I'm not entering my own drawing. Hee hee. :) Just wanted to throw out a guess.
Post a Comment