I wanted to surprise T with a nice gift. I found a local place that does 3D ultrasounds, and then puts them on a DVD set to music of the entire 20 minute ultrasound. (Mine was closer to an hour) This place I found has huge rooms that hold up to 50 people so the expecting mother can bring family and friends, but I decided to go alone and surprise T.
He got home from a friend's house, and I told him to come here, I wanted to show him something, and I had the DVD in the player, and showed him bits and pieces of the ultrasound. I then showed him the pictures.



The ultrasound was an amazing experience. I got to see my little girl on the big screen for an hour. I got to watch her movements, watch her suck her thumb, watch her grab her toes and kick her lil legs. I watched her lil hands rub her eyes, clearly tired and needing a rest. I was able to look at her features, and I see so much T in her. It looks like she has big, full lips, and already has hair on her head. T really liked his gift. This is something he and I will treasure always, and I know he appreciated the gesture.
Through all of this, I've realized that I'm constantly looking for ways to make this all real, because I still feel like I'm living in a dream. After watching our daughter on the screen for an hour, I'm really starting to believe that this is happening.
My gift to Taher was also a gift for myself.
Be sure to check in tomorrow where the LONG awaited guest post from the husband will be posted. :)
Be sure to check in tomorrow where the LONG awaited guest post from the husband will be posted. :)
14 comments:
Such a beautiful Gift :) very thoughtful of you Leah.
what a WONDERFUL gift!!!! thanks for sharing some of the pics with us!!!
Precious! Amazing how they move and do "baby things" in there, lol.
There goes anonymity! She is sooo beautiful. Just like you!
Don't you just love that?! I remember when I had my 3D ultrasound. Just like my little baby doll, yours has her daddy's lips for sure. Isn't it so sweet? I remember seeing Baby Bean on the ultrasound and thinking she was the spitting image of her daddy too.
If you're anything like me, it still won't seem real after your baby is born. I STILL to this day look at my daughter and don't dare to blink. I still stare at her and think I can't believe I'm a mommy. It is still surreal.
It is amazing and so wonderful. I am so glad you are getting to experience this.
Wow! 3D ultrasounds are amazing. She is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your pictures!
Oh, wow! What a great gift - both for T but also for you. She's beautiful!
Chelle - You're right. I think she's definitely going to have her daddy's lips. :-D
What a beautiful gift for your husband and yourself too. Thanks for sharing.
That is so amazing!
She's breathtaking, Leah! Awwww! Love the pictures. :) What a super sweet gift!
Hey there - congratulations! I have been a sorry blogger lately...both posting and reading. Will you please email me your email and I'll add you to my blog as I am making it private...
tara.smith.adkisson@gmail
So glad to see you are doing so well!!!
What a sweet gift!
I can't think of anyone who deserves this miracle more :) ENJOY every second!
HUGS
Post a Comment