I'm feeling well. I'm happy. Taher and I have our first baby shower this weekend. I don't do well being the center of attention, so when my sister offered to throw a shower for me, I suggested we do a joint shower, which is what she had in mind as well. So, Taher can gladly take all the attention on Saturday. That is fine with me. :)
(Picture looks a lot like my 27 week picture. I think I need some new clothes) ;-)
I'm finding that logic has completely escaped me during this pregnancy. I thought it would be fun each week to post my stupid pregnant moment of the week. This week I couldn't decide between two, so here they are.
STUPID PREGNANT MOMENT(s) OF THE WEEK
I had my OB appointment and when the midwife came in, I told her that baby girl just doesn't move enough. The midwife told me that as long as I feel her everyday, things are most likely fine. Well, that answer wasn't good enough for me. So finally, the midwife agreed to hook me up to the fetal monitors and do a non-stress test on me. Basically, you sit in a recliner, with a monitor hooked up to your belly to hear the heart beat, and then another monitor hooked up to the top of your uterus to detect contractions. The midwife had me drink a little can of OJ and eat a couple crackers, and then I had a clicker thingy that I had to push everytime the baby moved. I was left alone in the room for 20 minutes. And what happened? Well, the baby moved about 20 times in the first 5 minutes. The midwife came in and said that she hopes I feel better. And you know what? I did after that. :)I was at the in-laws for dinner on Saturday night. I had just woken up from a nap, and threw on some tights and an oversized windbreaker. (It was cold and rainy) Well, we get to the in-law's house, and my MIL (mother-in-law) keeps commenting over and over again how small my belly is. That I must be having a really small baby. That it looks like I'm losing weight. So, hearing these comments when I'm already nervous about everything was unsettling. So when we got home, I spent no less than an hour goog.ling small babies, small uterus, bad placenta. Ugh! Finally T knocked logic into me and said that as long as my midwife said my measurements were normal, then they are NORMAL, and I shouldn't listen to non medical people about the size of my belly. So logical. But like I said, logic is escaping me these days! Could my belly perhaps have looked small because I was wearing Taher's oversized windbreaker? Hmm. . .
12 comments:
My step daughter had a real small belly through most of the pregnancy. It was in that last trimester that she really gotten that belly going. It all worked out in the end. Her baby was born over 8 lbs.
:) LOL Mother in laws crack me up! Stay away from google til the baby gets here!!!!
I love you.
I totally did the same thing with the NST. lol! I complained Baby Bean wasn't moving much, so they gave me OJ and cookies and hooked me up to the machine. Baby Bean went berzerk. I felt like such an idiot.
I have some sad news, pregnancy brain doesn't go away when the baby is born. People who tell you it does, lie like flies with boogers in their eyes. I have done way too many stupid things since I was pregnant to prove it doesn't go away. Oh well, I'm too ditzy now to care! :D
I think 30 weeks is a big deal too!!! Our birthmother will be 30 weeks tomorrow and it just feels so significant, but I don't know why. I have another friend who is pg and due a few weeks after you and she was talking about how she can't see her belly past her boobs (they were already large), and this is what I told her, BE GRATEFUL!!! You'll be looking slim and trim in no time (especially chasing two little ones) and then people won't be saying anything negative, they'll be complimenting how great you look!!! If something were wrong, someone would say something! My sister was 3.5 weeks late b/c they said my mom hadn't gained enough weight (21 lbs in '84), turns out my sis was 8.5 lbs! Huge! (for my tiny mom at least!). So, you'll have a cute little, petite baby that you can enjoy being small even longer since you've waited so long to get here!! And Khalil won't be a tiny newborn, so see God's got this all planned out for you missy!! Love that they hooked you up to the monitors, never can be calmed enough, I'm happy they did that for you!
I think you look great, Leah, and BIG too, but I do mean that in the nicest of ways! :)
you look great!!!
First, awwwwwww Cicero's comment!
I'm excited about 30 weeks also. I like nice round numbers. Of course, I'd really like a nice number like 36!!! :P
Your belly is adorable!
I can see a big difference between the 2 pictures - look how much fuller and rounder your baby belly is now. Beautiful!!
And 30 weeks IS a big deal - let the countdown begin!
Lyndsay - I thought my belly looked a little rounder too. Thanks for noticing. It made my day. :)
I like the idea of joint showers... then dad knows what you get as well. I don't think D knew half of what we got... and it's really for both of you anyways... :) You're looking great! 10wks left! woo-hoo!
BTW, you look great, and if you look small, it has EVERYTHING to do with how long your torso is and where the placenta and baby are in your tummy, far less about the size of the baby. my babies are relatively small and I look like a house because I am only 5'1ish and there is no where for the baby to go but OUT. No more googling indeed!
Woo hoo on 10 more weeks!
Post a Comment