Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Blog Routine

  • Wake up early in the morning and think of something that I want to blog about. It usually comes to me immediately. If not, I go to the next step.
  • Read all the blogs that I follow
  • If what you wrote touches me in some way, like 99% do, I then comment on the blog. If I comment, it's cause I think your post was super cool. I never comment for the sake of commenting.
  • After reading all the blogs I follow, I once again ponder what topic I should write about on this day. (This is me. . . pondering)
  • Finally, I write my blog post. Usually, it is about the whole growing the family bit, but sometimes, I write about other things in my life as well.
  • After writing my post, I then read the blogs that are found on the left hand side of my blog. These are blogs that I would love to be a follower of, but that don't have that option on their blog. (really, I think everyone should have that option)
  • After reading the 50+ blogs I follow, and commenting on the ones I feel compelled to comment on, then I feel satisfied about my day as a blogger.
  • Then of course I check on blogs what seems like way too freqently to check for updates.

Ah. . . The life of a blogger.

And here are some other interesting blog facts about me:

  • If you are waiting on a pregnancy test after a procedure or waiting for a referal, watch out! I will totally stalk your blog. Daily. Several times a day. I LOVE when people get good news and mourn with you when the news isn't so good.
  • I love all the blogs I read (otherwise I wouldn't read them) but I am very aware that only some of the blog authors would most likely be my friends in real life. Some blog readers I just feel connected to, and I know if we lived in the same, we'd get along brilliantly.
  • I read a stat somewhere recently that said something like of every 20 person that reads your blog, only 1 will comment. Why don't more people comment?
  • I am fully aware that there are some people in my real life that I clash with that read my blog. Hey? We clash. Why are you reading about my life? Go do something else. Please. (okay, that was mean of me to say, I apologize for being mean, but really. I know you don't like me. I accept that. But go away)
  • Sometimes blogging leaves me feeling super duper exposed. I go home to my parent's home town for holidays, and people come up to me letting me know they read my blog. Sometimes I don't realize all who are reading. Sometimes I forget that this isn't my personal diary only for my eyes. I need to remember that more often when I blog.

21 comments:

Chelle said...

I usually check blogs way too frequently too. My husband says blogging is my mistress. He just doesn't understand how fulfilling it is to not only be able to put your thoughts and feelings out there to where they can be read and responded to by other bloggers, but that it also makes me feel great to know that I have read the words of others and hopefully offered them support and encouragement. I love sharing in all of the ups and downs of my blog friends.

People who don't blog may laugh at us, but it is because they are ignorant to the bliss that blogging is. :)

Cicero said...

Your the cutest monkey in the world! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Blogging has become somewhat addictive for me. I check several times a day for new updates. I don't write every day but mostly because my Life is kinda boring. Newborn Twins don't do a whole lot so I don't have much to write about. That picture is cute by the way lol.

birthmothertalks said...

I check blogs way too often too.

Rachel said...

It is interesting to hear about your "blog routine"! I wonder how that will change once you have your two little ones... :) Now that Matthew is here, I put him down for a nap and then RACE to my computer hoping for a few minutes to check blogs! Sometimes I am good and make myself do other things first (like cleaning or laundry) but most times...like right now....I just end up on the computer!

I feel the same as you, too - sometimes I forget that people I know in real life read my blog, and then I remember something I've written and feel a bit weird that they know that about me! I like that you are real though - your blogs is one my "must reads"!

Anonymous said...

You inspired me to leave a comment as I am a "blog stalker". My hubby and I are also with Dove and have been waiting four months for a referral for 2 boys under 5. So I am addicted to your blog and waiting anxiously for your referral!

Your blogging is always so insightful and thought provoking. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and life.

Susan Burkhalter

AL said...

haha I love your pondering pic, very cute.

I check blogs at increments throughout the day -- and way too much really. And I totally need to think of topics besides IF to blog about!! Kinda hard when I'm staring down IVF in May though...

Jewls said...

I admit, sometimes I lurk on blogs too scared to comment! I guess I can understand why my traffic is so high and my comments aren't quite up to par! :)

Mel said...

ahh, I'm on your left hand side, too - had no idea :-)
unfortunately we're neither waiting on any referrals nor preggers results, so we're pretty boring right, now, sigh.
still enjoy reading your blog and anxiously await your announcement for a referral!!!!
blessings,
mel

Kelli said...

You need to use Google Reader. It has totally streamlined my blogger needs :)

We are adopting from Rwanda with AGCI....

Love your blog...

kelli
http://the-adoption-journey.blogspot.com/

Carrie said...

I don't comment every time because it would take too long! I've got over 100 blogs in my Google Reader and just don't have time to comment on every update. For example, this is the third time I've had to come back just to write this much to you!

(You MUST check out Google Reader. You can subscribe to all of your blogs through it and it updates whenever they do! I love it!)

Lyndsay said...

There are only 2 people in my life (Hubs and a friend) who know of my blog. I hope to keep it that way for the reasons you mention (people I just don't like reading about my life and thoughts, and those 'periphery' people who just don't need to know any more about my life!!
PS - If I lived closer I'd like to go for coffee with you. :)

Kala said...

Spoken like a true blogger! I'm with you, it's addicting :)

Amber said...

I always love your blog comments straight and to the point:) It truly is amazing how many people read your blog that you have no clue that they are reading, it truly is for anyone to read.

For the follow blogs-most blogs if you look at the very top of the page it usually has a option to follow blog if they dont have the option below.

The Busters said...

I love your pondering look. Very cute!! :) Damon got me using google reader recently and it has helped streamline my blog reading but I like to comment so that part isn't great about google reader.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I like your pondering picture!

Deanna said...

I never felt super duper exposed in blog world until my family and friends started reading my posts. The anonymity of people I didn't know in "real life" reading it didn't bother me a bit. Now I have quite a following of family and friends and they all comment on it in real life - but never on the blog! How strange is that.

I agree with most of what you say and do. However, I read the blogs and then if I have time, I do a post... which often times I don't have time to do!

Maybe that is because I write too much in the comments. lol

Have a great day.

Deanna

Brittany Ann said...

WOW! I didn't know that 1 to 20 comment statistic! Odd!

Michele said...

I can totally dig the "feeling exposed" feeling. It still amazes me when someone random says "Hey, I saw X on your blog". REALLY???

Anonymous said...

is that true?

Anonymous said...

I am very grateful to you for the information. I have used it.