On of my blog friends, Al, over at Mission-Motherhood, inspired this post. A couple days ago she was waiting for her blood results to tell her if she was pregnant, and she asked her blog friends to distract her by leaving comments on her blog with some of their most embarrassing moments. Well, it was a riot to read, and although it wasn't meant for me, it helped pass time for me at work when I desparately needed time to pass.
So, here is my most embarrassing moment. (I actually have many, but will stick to the first that came to my mind)
It was the summer between my sophomore and junior year of high school, and the weekend of my town's big yearly celebration. (Think parade, street dance, softball tournament, dunk tank) I was at a friend's house in the country, and we were looking for entertainment, so we decided to steal signs. Stealing signs is highly illegal, but was also highly common in rural MN. We would steal a sign out in the country that said cow crossing, and then put it up on Main Street in our town. Lame I know, but hey, it was entertaining.
So, it's late out, pitch black, in the country, and me and a few friends start stealing a sign. I am on a friend's shoulders, and we're unscrewing the nails, when all of a sudden we see headlights. As I mentioned, stealing signs is highly illegal, so we all make a run for it. And as I mentioned, it's pitch black, in the country, and the only thing we could see were the dim stars in the sky.
I thought I saw an embankment that I could hide by, so I jump, head first into it. Well, what I was really seeing was a barbwire fence that kept in those country cows. I wasn't sure what hit me. I remember saying out loud to my friends. I'm hurt. I think I'm really hurt. The fence stuck into my face, half an inch below my eye. (Yes, totally aware that I'm lucky to have my eyes still after that) My one friend looked at my bleeding injury, and determined that it was pretty deep, and that I would definitely need stiches. Well, stitches were out of the question. It was midnight. What was I going to do? Wake my parents up to bring me to the ER to get stitches cause I'm an idiot? Out of the question! So, we cleaned the wound up, and I went home.
The next day I woke up and my eye was black and blue and a cut starting half an inch below my right eye, and going all the way down my face. (I told my parents that I was injured playing hide and go seek. I have since come clean) ;-) The worst part was that I had to march in the marching band the next day looking like that! I was the hottest drummer in the band. Ha. ;-)
So, that is my fun Friday story of the day.
Do any of you have embarrassing stories? I'd love to hear them. It will make 5pm come that much quicker. :-D
15 comments:
Wow holy crap, you are LUCKY you didn't lose your eye or even get a bad infection from that.
My most embarassing moment was when I was with my aunt in NY we went to her company picnic where they had a pool. I was in my bikini and was walking to the pool where it was very wet. I was locking eyes with this very good looking guy when I slipped and fell. Well it was more like on a slope so I couldn't quite get my grip to get up so I just kept slipping and sliding all the way down.
I was humiliated and that guy was staring at me the whole time. I could tell he felt awful for me, lol.
I think I spent the rest of the day in the car crying. LOL.
Umm...I like the window story much better.
Ahh! Holy deuce! I didn't notice a scar when I saw you, so you must have healed really well.
I didn't know you were in the band!!! I was too!! Band geeks unite. :D I played trumpet.
I've got nothing when it comes to embarassing moments. I always determined there was nothing in this life that could happen that I would be embarassed about. So either that came true, or I repressed them. lol That's why I didn't leave a comment on Al's post. I didn't have anything to tell. I'm so lame, I know.
Oh, my! That's a good one.
My most embarrassing story actually has some similarities. It was the aftermath that was embarrassing, and it also involved a black eye and marching band, believe it or not! I was in college and may have had a little too much to drink one night. I slept in a loft and apparently got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I missed a step on the ladder and fell and hit my head. When I woke up in the morning I had a massive headache and lump on my head, and a black eye. It was so embarrassing to have to walk around like that. Plus I had to go play in the band, which just about killed me due to the headache!
Probably not my most embarassing story, but one that came to mind... I was on a sort-of first date with a friend of a friends. I had met him a couple times before but we were officially on a double date with our mutual friends. We went bowling which I'm not bad at, but certainly am not in a league or anything. So picture your approach when its your turn...four-six steps, arm swings back, bending with the swing to release the ball at the front, all while leg slides a bit and one foot kicks back...(beautiful visual, right?!)...Well my front foot decided not to slide and instead stopped in place, ball kept going forward as did the rest of my body and I sprawl out flat on my face into the lane! Everyone was shocked and wasn't sure if I was okay...then I got up bright red and laughing and everyone lost it. Good times! (And no, that relationship didn't last :) )
P.s. - whatever they coat the actual bowling lanes with is disgusting...
hehehe, I'm so glad to inspired this post!! Love the story, hysterical :-)!!
Oh honey, you know I have tons of embarassing stories. I come clean every Wednesday. You poor thing! And I'll bet you didn't even get the sign, did you? lol
I was 11 years old. Picture day at school, I wore this really pretty fluffy, white dress ( I was a girly girl) My period Starts 2 classes before picture time... you guessed it ALL over my pretty new white dress :( It was awful and everyone could tell. I wanted to change schools after that. At that age no kid is very nice when it comes to personal problems.
I'm glad you were ok Leah. Sounds like it hurt A LOT!
This isn't my story, personally, but it seems kind of related to yours!:
My college had senior week, where just graduating seniors are still left on campus, and we got to do all sorts of fun stuff. One of the activities was a bar crawl. The bar crawl was 2 nights before graduation. That night a friend of mine took a drunken, face-first plunge (in the dark) down the stairs in one of our on-campus apartments. He had to receive his diploma with a huge black eye and a knot on his head. That's one for mom & dad's photo album!
I am loving these. :-) Seriously, my Friday is going so much better having these stories to read. Hee hee. :-D
And Cicero my love. . . I think we'll save the window story for another day. ;-)
That's awesome. I am from a small east Texas town that sounds VERY similar in entertainment value to yours and we had many a night of stealing street signs and cow tipping. Highway 69 ran straight through town so you can imagine how prized a possession the esteemed "69" sign was. :)
I once embarassed myself really badly by losing my swim top at a high school (MARCHING BAND) pool party. IT ultimately became a game of keep away between the flag corps and the drummers. (I was flag captain)
Ouch that sounds more painful than embarrassing!
I forgot I was reading about one of your most embarrassing moments and thought it was your most harrowing!
I have too many embarrassing moments to count...I think I've blocked many of them out lol. Several involve bodily functions and/or fluids...so I'll spare you and your readers.
Oh my goodness. What a crazy girl you are! :) Hilarious story.
Post a Comment