My OB appointment is Friday, and I'm a little nervous. I'm getting the test for gestational diabetes, and I'm also getting the RhoGam shot because I'm one of the 15% of people in the world with negative blood. (The good thing is that I'm O Negative. . . Universal donor!) I'm not nervous about the shot, afterall, I'm quite used to giving myself multiple shots a day, but I am nervous about gestational diabetes. You see, I was one of those women who from the moment I found out I was pregnant, I decided I was going to gain weight anyway so I may as well just indulge in anything and everything. I haven't craved the fruits and veggies this pregnancy, instead I've craved the chips, the chocolate, the candy. So, I fear I may be in for a rude awakening on Friday.
It's interesting, because the entire time I was trying to get pregnant and worrying about getting pregnant, I would tell myself, as long as I get pregnant, I will stop the worrying! Well, I apparently was lying to myself, because the worrying never stops. I worry about the well-being of this baby CONSTANTLY. I worry that she isn't kicking enough, I worry that the umbilical cord stays away from her neck, I worry about her health. Yes, I worry about EVERYTHING.
I try to remind myself that I'm doing everything in my power to make a healthy place for this little girl, and the rest is out of my hands. I've also heard from women who have already had their babies that the worry doesn't stop once you deliver. In fact, it only gets worse.
The pessimist in me keeps waiting for the ball to drop. I keep waiting for the bad news. This pregnancy has been so good and healthy. But that's not what I'm used to. I'm used to things being complicated. I'm used to being hurt. I need to change my attitude.
16 comments:
i can't believe it's your 3rd tri already! wow!!!! i'm sure it's hard not to worry, but it seems like everything's been wonderful so far!!! yay!!!
You look more beautiful everyday!
Hello Sweet Girl!
Go rock that gest diabetes test out! It will be a sinch, it will take some time to do it, but all will be well. Deep Breath...
Yea, congrats on Trimester #3!!! Another milestone in the Journey to success :)
If I fail to tell you what an inspiration you are to me....just think ditto! Your story has helped me in amazing ways.
Be good to you and shoo those worries away.
Much Love
xoxo
Good luck with you appointment!! With my first I craved Kraft Mac-n-Cheese and anything spicy. So basically nothing good for you and I was negative.
Also--you look fabulous!! What a cute baby bump you have!! (0:
I have my gestational diabetes test next week, and I am also worried! Good luck to you! I have also been told that the worrying doesn't stop...once the baby is here you just worry about different things. I'm so excited and happy for you.
Heather
It's only normal for you to worry about the baby. All Mom's do and you probably do so more because of all your struggles. I had to have the shot to because blood type. Your looking good.
It looks like you have a b-ball under your shirt cause you are all out front. It is so adorable! Baby Bean was the same way, all out front.
And no, the worry never stops. Ever. My parents still worry about me, and I'm freaking 31. lol The one thing the worry does is change.
Also, I had GD. It wasn't so bad. I thought it was going to be horrible, but it was actually really easy to deal with. I still indulged from time-to-time, and guess what? My baby was average size on her b-day. The hardest thing about GD is remembering to snack between meals, even when you don't feel like it. Regardless, good like with the test. I hope you pass with flying colors!
Yeah, the worrying never stops. I'd say my worrying really hit it's peak the first week after K's birth. At least when you are pregant, their health is somewhat out of your hands. Once they are born, it is all you and that is rather terrifying. Luckily though, the overabundance of love that you will feel makes up for the need you will feel to sit up all night just staring at them to make sure they are breathing.
Such an adventure :)
Very exciting...you're so far along already! Lookin' great too!
Look how cute you are!
I hope your GD testing goes well. I had GD so don't wish that on any one. It is an inconvenience, but even if you get a GD diagnosis, you will be fine as will your baby. Just a little more work.
You look great, and congrats on the 3rd trimester!!
It must be hard to get out of the mode of expecting things to go wrong, but I understand that mindset all too well. And I'm generally not a pessimist in life. Hang in there - you are 2/3 of the way there, mama!
I worried the entire pregnancy too, always waiting for the ball to drop. Would he be breech, would I have to have a c-section, would he have something wrong with him, what about CF/Down's Syndrome/blindness/hearing loss....etc. I worried about everything.
And he was perfect. My pregnancy and delivery and baby were perfect. After all I'd been through...perfection.
You'll worry, even if you tell yourself not too!
You look beautiful!
You look so cute!!!!
Yay for 27 weeks! I hear 90% of babies survive if born this week. And while I'm all for mine cooking a lot longer, that's comforting news.
I'm also waiting for something to go wrong. Also worried about the gd screening (I'll do mine on the 23rd).
Moms worry. I'm guessing this is only the beginning. :)
YAY!!!! You look great!!!
Post a Comment