Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Snapshots of Life

Sometimes I like to post simple, upbeat posts that contain pictures, because who doesn't love a post with pictures? ;) I've done this before, but basically I just randomly go to my picture folder on my computer and drag 5 pictures onto my desktop and then post about that moment on this blog. I have so many pictures on my computer, and it's a fun way for me to revisit certain moments of my life. I don't choose my coolest pictures, I really just take random 5 and then post about them. So, here is today's random 5.


1. Here I am on a night train from Cairo to Luxor. The train leaves at about 10pm, and arrives in Luxor at about 7am. I had never been on a sleeper train before. It was an adventure! The rooms are SUPER tiny and have bunk beds that fold out. I got the top bunk. Lucky me! ;-) T and I were sleep deprived, and being goofy about our upcoming adventures in Luxor. Here I was, trying to put my scarf on my head like the Muslims do. I failed. . . miserably. But I've still always loved this picture. :)

2. If you live in MN, chances are you have a cabin. We have a great cabin in Northern MN on a beautiful lake. One night, the fish were biting SO much, that as soon as we cast our line off the dock, a walleye would bite the bait. Seriously, we've never had so much fun fishing. :) And it's ironic that I like fishing, because I don't eat fish. But, the walleye never goes to waste at the cabin, as the rest of my family loves it.

3. Here is T and I at the western most point of continental Europe, which is in Portugal. It was 85 degrees this day, with not a cloud in the sky. T and I fell in love with Portugal, and decided this is somewhere we could definitely live!
4. T and I took a cruise down the Nile. The cruise started in Luxor (hence the night train we took there) and ended in Aswan. I have been on a Caribbean cruise before and it wasn't my thing. Too many people. But this cruise ship was perfect. It was MUCH smaller than the ocean liners, and only held about 100 people. This is the top of the ship. This pool had the COLDEST water ever. T and I were the only Americans on the cruise. The rest for the most part were Germans. The Germans would always try to talk to me in German, and when I told them in English I didn't understand them, they then spoke LOUDER German. Well, I don't understand loud German either. It was pretty comical.

5. T and I went to Alexandria, Egypt, where his parents own an apartment. You can see the sea from the apartment, so one day, we took a walk down to the beach to get a better view of the Mediterrean Sea. I kept looking at the sea thinking. . . wow! Greece and Turkey are on the other side of this massive body of water.
So, these are my random pictures of the day that give you a snapshot into my life. Some might be repeats as I've done this before. I'm not sure.
Do you have any favorite pictures?




















9 comments:

Trinity said...

You guys are a well-traveled couple! :) That's one of the things I've really missed since starting graduate school--the opportunities to just plan and trip and hit the road. (And here we are wanting to add a baby to the pack, haha.) Love your pictures!

(And is that the same scarf from your header picture? ;)

Leah said...

Wow! You are observant. :) The scarf is the same. I got it for really cheap in China Town, NYC.
:-D

AL said...

You guys have been so many great places together! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Anonymous said...

I have a picture with my hubby at that exact same point in Portugal...the place where people used to think the world ended!

Chelle said...

The thing I love best about these posts from you is I know it sends you down memory lane. I am sure some of those memories even bring a smile to your face. I also love to see all of the cool places you've been and hear about your travels.

Jen said...

What a fun idea!! Love it!

Unknown said...

What a great idea. How fun! And what great travels you have.

Jewls said...

Fun! It's so awesome that you've traveled so many places, I hope to be able to travel someday!

Lyndsay said...

All but one of your pictures featured WATER... one of my favorite vacation things!
Great pics!